View Single Post
Old Friday, March 27, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 27th Position, Roll no.: 0953Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

amubarak will become famous soon enough

Thank you for your message.
First of all, I did not prepare all the chapters, both for paper one and paper two (I wouldn’t suggest that you simple skip as many chapters as i did, but I couldn’t make myself prepare the chapters I didn’t like). The edge I had was my masters in psychology, I was able to get all my MCQ's in paper one correct and I guess I had one MCQ wrong in paper 2.
If you have the concept and know what a certain theory/research/term is about, you don’t need to memorize by heart, you will be able to answer an MCQ about it correctly. The chapters I prepared for Paper 2 were: (if you consider the numbering in syllabus as chapters)

Chapter 1 Completely Prepared
Chapter 2 Prepared till chromosomal abnormalities
(Book consulted: The Developing Child by Helen Bee and Denise Boyd, 10th Edition. Published by Pearson Education in South Asia. Price: Rs. 450)

Chapter 3 and 4: I didn’t prepare

Chapter 5 and 8: Completely Prepared
(Book consulted: Psychology and Life by Richard Gerrig and Phillip Zimbardo, 17th Edition, published by Pearson Education in South Asia. Price Rs. 625)

Chapter 6 : Compeletly Prepared from Gerrig and Zimabrdo mentioned above (you don’t need to do the whole Gerrig and Zimbardo chapter on intelligence, just the topics in syllabus)

Chapter 7: My Own Notes, one just needs bullets points summarizing the main causes, they are more or less over lapping

Chapter 9: I specialized in I/O psychology. If you’d look at past papers they usually ask about the application of I/O psychology. I had done an assignment on this during masters, so that was sufficient.

Send me your email address; I will email the notes I have with me. Try to relate what you study with yourself and those around you, psychology becomes very easy and interesting to prepare and goodluck for you exams!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to amubarak For This Useful Post:
alishahid (Wednesday, July 13, 2011), asifiqbalkhan (Friday, August 24, 2012), happy ending (Friday, May 01, 2009), kashifilyas (Thursday, January 14, 2010), Raz (Friday, March 27, 2009), Sarah shah (Friday, January 29, 2010), Sasha Fierce (Friday, May 31, 2013), sohailravian (Friday, March 27, 2009), sunny volcano (Saturday, April 12, 2014)