View Single Post
Old Saturday, April 04, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 97

Urooj5 is on a distinguished road
Post My psychological interview; Viva to follow shortly.

Psychological Interview;

I got permission to enter and said Salam.

After being seated.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: What do you these days Urooj?

Madam these days I’m preparing for interview. I have already taken Masters Exams and I am waiting for result.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: In your autobiography you have mentioned about the early death of your mother.

Yes Madam she died when I was 13.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: So who takes care of house-hold?

Said I: Madam, for sometime in the beginning we had domestic helpers; but presence of the lady of the house was very important. My father married again. Now my step-mother supervises domestic affairs. (Nothing further was enquired about that.)

Ms. Fatima Zohra: You graduated privately, why?

Madam, I planned my education myself. I wanted to study mathematics so right after intermediate I joined Mathematics honors program at Kinnaird College which was a four years program. I didn’t want to restrict myself to one subject so on my own I was also studying other-subjects of my choice like languages, history and politics. I developed career orientation very early and wanted to serve my country through its Civil Services. So after graduating from Punjab University as a private candidate I started preparing for CE. I got my semester freeze and continued studying on my own for Masters that too privately.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: Don’t you think you are running very fast?

No, I don’t think Madam that I’m running very fast. As we all have limited time in this life. And I consider 23 is a right time to opt for a career. I took my first attempt when I got 21 but somehow I couldn’t qualify it then. I had this thing in mind as well.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: What happened in your first attempt?

Madam, I was hopeful to get through in my first attempt but somehow I couldn’t pass the Grammar paper. I didn’t follow the grammar rules properly I suppose. I worked on that a bit and got favorable result.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: If you don’t get allocation this time what will you do?

Now, Madam I consider that I have very good idea about Competitive Exams. After seeing my final result I’ll adopt the most suitable plan of action.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: You have written in your auto-biography that you read. What kind of books do you read?

Madam, I have found reading as the best use of time. When I joined Kinnaird College for Intermediate I had seen library for the first time in my life. And that was the best place I had seen. I got all the books from there. I like to read books on History, biographies, autobiographies and English Classic like Jane Austen, Charles Dickens and Emile Bronte etc.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: Which autobiographies or biographies have you read?

I have read Aung San Suu Kyi’s biography Perfect Hostage most recently, and others like translation of Barrack Obama’s Dreams from my Father, Yasser Arafat, Major Aziz Bhatti, Maryam Hayat; who is a British convert to Islam and a Pakistani now, Benazir Bhutto’s Daughter of the East, lots of books on Quaid-e-Azam, Winston Churchill, Elinore Roosevelt, Reza Shah Pehlavi, Javed Iqbal’s and I want to read more in future.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: Which books you want to read more?

I intend to read Mahmud Ahmedenijad’s, Richard Nixon and other world leaders’ and books on history.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: You have also mentioned that you browse the Internet. What kind of sites do you visit?

Madam, primarily I use it for getting connected to some of my family that lives abroad. I write them e-mails. Secondly, I use internet for research. Thirdly, I don’t watch much TV so I listen to news and download some talk shows like Capital Talk or Jawab Dehy.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: In your weaknesses you have written you are less patient to inefficiency and your friends consider you are polite. You will be facing inefficiency all around you. How will you deal with it?

Yes Madam, my friends think that I’m polite and through this people may get impression that I cannot handle subordinates. Madam, in my life I have gained inspiration from everywhere. And I believe in giving this inspiration to the people who would work with me. I can quote one incident of my life when I was in college. During exam my teacher announced; I see all young responsible ladies sitting in exam. I tell you this that cheating is beneath you. I may not be around to watch you all the time that you are cheating or not. But I tell you this that cheating is not allowed. Now you are responsible. Also ten years from now, when you think back of this day I would want you all to be proud of yourselves that we didn’t cheat.

The gentleman of the panel: Urooj how do you spend your day?

Sir, I live an organized life. I wake up during the early hours. Offer prayers, do little exercise and start studying after breakfast or go to the library. In the evening I socialize with my family and friends or help kids in my neighbor solving math problems.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: When do you wake up?

These days I’m getting up at 5:30 or 60 am. In summer sometimes it’s 40 am even. I keep on changing that according to my work.

The gentlemen on the panel: Are you very possessive about your things. I noticed when you entered the room for group discussion you kept your purse very carefully and now also you are holding that in your shoulder; is it very expensive?

No Sir, it is not like that. I am careful and responsible not only for my own things but also about other’s things. I like to see things on their proper place.

Other lady on the panel: In which subject you have done Masters?

Madam, I have done masters in History and specialized in Western History. I am waiting for result. I had interest in reading history of the developed nations and to know how they became what they are today. We can learn from them.

Ms. Fatima Zohra: How many centuries you think we will take to be like them?

Madam, I consider that we don’t need centuries. We will do in within a generation or two. The problems are all evident only action is not there. There are various examples of Muslim countries that have improved their situation in short time. I believe that youth of Pakistan is vibrant and can bring about positive change.

On this my interview came to an end. I came out of room. After a minute, the gentlemen from the panel came out of the room to enquire if I have any step siblings; maybe you forgot to mention them. Your two real brothers you have mentioned. I told him I don’t have any step-siblings. Seemingly, they forgot to ask that question when I was being interviewed.

About psychological

I suppose that my entire interview was based upon my psychological performance. And my psychological interview was from what I had mentioned in psychological written; especially auto-biography. I hadn't much to my credit as far as my education is concerned because it was kind of not normal. Little bit broken I may call it. My speech was better though. When I got my DMS I found that my written marks were also not that good. They were only 670. Still I managed to score well in the Viva by gettng 163. How miserable I would have felt if they were less than that. I can never thank Allah enough!

Last edited by Princess Royal; Saturday, April 04, 2009 at 05:53 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Urooj5 For This Useful Post:
happy ending (Thursday, April 09, 2009)