View Single Post
Old Friday, April 24, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: 27th Position, Roll no.: 0953Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

amubarak will become famous soon enough

I never studied geography before, i opted for it out of interest. If you are interest in geography and feel it will be a pleasure preparing it, then go for it. Since I hadn't studied geography before it took me a lot of time gathering material, arranging notes. But i had the time. I started preparing for 2008 exam from June 2007. That whole summer i spent fishing out books, simultanouesly searching the internet. For physical geography it was difficult to get a good book initially. I prepared chapters from a Pakistani author's book and there were so many mistakes in (especially spelling mistakes) that at the end of everyday i would search every term on google to make sure what i am learning is correct. Then i came across the Exam Cram series for geography, it really helped. The Oxford University on Physical Geography i came across by accident just 2 months before the exam.
I had to reprepare most of physical geography chapters again from it, it didnt take so long as the concepts were already formed. For geography paper one I didnot prepare climatic regions at all (it takes a lot of your time and if you look at past papers there is just one question from it, you can prepare its MCQ's from Exam Cram Objective section).
I didnt take tuition for any of my subjects. I consulted cssforum, google and very rarely an uncle of mine who is a CSP. The notes i mentioned are all from wikipedia, from my review of past papers for geogprahy i prepared notes for topics not in any of the books. Its just that they are properly formatted. Give me your email address i will email them to you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to amubarak For This Useful Post:
INNOVATIVE (Tuesday, April 28, 2009), Intifada (Saturday, November 17, 2012), Lord AvaLon (Friday, April 24, 2009), nageen (Friday, April 24, 2009), pari Ali BNi (Tuesday, October 13, 2015), Raz (Friday, April 24, 2009)