View Single Post
Old Monday, April 27, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Lord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the roughLord AvaLon is a jewel in the rough

I didn’t want to recall the bad memories yet i couldn’t keep myself away from the fascination. I tried my luck in the 112 course and after a re-interview they simply waived a good bye. The bus had already left and i had to walk for 3 km's to reach my home along with the luggage. My experience was so unpleasant that i still try not to go near about of ISSB center, trying again was out of the question.
My interview was entertaining, environment was welcoming and the Colonel seemed to have a vivid character. The re-interview was a disaster, there were three army personnel, all of them in uniform and they were staring at me like an alien has just landed on earth. They asked me a few questions, some of them i replied and most of them i couldn't. Mathematical questions were so complex that i couldn't guess if they were trying to ask about eggs or rupees. Upon saying "Sorry", i was asked to spell the word. The last question i still remember was, "What if we say the sheet on this table is black?" As it was white so i plainly said, no. Its white.
ISSB has three dimensions. Psychologist tests, GTO tasks and Interview.
Psychologists want you to be an optimistic person. So show them how positive your response is through making positive sentences and stories.
GTO tasks are to have an insight of your leadership qualities, how you follow your assigned commanders and how you lead the group during tasks. GTO is not interested in whether you completed your task or not, he is there just to assess your moral, integrity, hopefulness and willingness to help the other members.
I consider interview as the most important factor of being successful as the interviewer is a Colonel. In the board if you have his vote, there is a minor chance that you won't be recommended, as junior officers always have to say Yes sir!
Another important factor according to me is your confidence level. As far as my experience is concerned having confidence while appearing in an interview is a myth, the more i try to be the more i fathom into a chaos of uncertainty. Simply in the end the game is to be what you are. If you had the qualities which army requires there is no reason that you wouldn’t be selected.

Regards,
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lord AvaLon For This Useful Post:
Kamran (Tuesday, April 28, 2009), Artemis (Wednesday, April 29, 2009), Shaan e Imran (Monday, May 04, 2009), Superior777 (Monday, September 21, 2009)