View Single Post
Old Thursday, May 14, 2009
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom
Default Every Day Science Paper - 1993

Every Day Science Paper - 1993
Partial Solution

1. Which of the following statements are false and which are true.

a) Urea is a phosphorous fertilizer
False

b) Ibn Baitar was a renowned Muslim Botanist
True

c) Penicillin was discovered by Edward Jenner
False

d) Cellulose is a natural polymer
True

e) Vitamin A and D are water soluble.
False

f) Amoeba is a unicellular animal
True

g) Solar eclipse occurs in full moon
False

h) Water is a bad conductor of electricity
False

i) Leprosy is a disorder of the nervous system
False

j) Chlorofluorocarbons cause decomposition of ozone
True

4. Fill in the blanks with correct choice.

1. Quartz is chemically a silicate.

2. Chicken egg is composed of one cell.

3. Visible light energy has the wavelength range of 400 to 700.

4. The particles with positive charge but having mass equal to that of electron is called proton.

5. Gas in children’s play-balloons going upward is Helium.

6. Standard pressure is 760 mm.

7. Iron corrodes due to the formation of Iron Oxide.

8. Explain in detail what is a balanced diet; name a nutrient present in each of the following food:

1. Apple
2. Bread
3. Meat
4. Butter
5. Orange
6. Egg
7. Milk
8. Spinach

Answers:

1. Vitamin C
2. Starch
3. Vitamin A
4. Vitamin A
5. Vitamin C
6. Vitamin D
7. Vitamin A, C, D
8. Vitamin K

12. Name the instruments used for measuring each of the following:

(i) Pressure
(ii) Voltage
(iii) Purity of milk
(iv) Temperature
(v) Velocity of wind

Answers:

(i). Barometer
(ii). Voltmeter
(iii). Lactometer
(iv). Thermometer
(v). Anemometer

15. Fill in the blanks:

(i) Starch is a polymer of glucose.

(ii) A big astronomical observatory known as the Royal Greenwich, London was established during the reign of Caliph Mamoon.

(iii) Adrenalin is secreted by the Adrenal gland.

(iv) Mars planet is nearest to the earth.

(v) CFC is the abbreviation of Chlorofluorocarbon.

(vi) The process of conversion of a material from solid state directly to gaseous state is called sublimation.

(vii) A junction diode is formed by PWP semiconductor pieces whereas junction transistor is a sandwich made up of PNP transistor.

~~~~~~~~******~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Xeric; Monday, May 25, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Xeric For This Useful Post:
awaisnaveed (Friday, June 05, 2009), dr.atifrana (Thursday, May 21, 2009), Engr.Aftab (Sunday, May 24, 2009), étoile brillante (Friday, February 16, 2018), Faiza Dar (Sunday, February 03, 2013), fiza irum (Friday, September 27, 2013), khan shahzad (Friday, May 06, 2016), M Zahid Gondal (Sunday, March 10, 2013), M.Murtaza (Monday, April 05, 2010), madiha alvi (Sunday, April 14, 2013), oxon (Saturday, November 03, 2012), pisceankhan (Sunday, August 17, 2014), pure (Sunday, August 16, 2009), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, June 13, 2010), s malik (Saturday, October 09, 2010), sanu (Thursday, September 09, 2010), Shumaila Rana (Wednesday, August 08, 2012), sumaira jehanzeb (Friday, August 30, 2013), uzma khan youzaf zai (Saturday, October 24, 2009)