Thread: ans required!
View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 02, 2009
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Future is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to allFuture is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravaila
why a person can't weap in space??????????i ve read that its bcz of gravity concept
if someone clearify this ............i ll b thankful
plz!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crying in Space

What an interesting question! I've just contacted our astrophysicist expert Dr. Tom, and he wants you to know that it would indeed be possible for an astronaut to cry in space. Unfortunately, their tears would not fall from their eyes, or roll down their cheeks, due to the microgravity environment. Instead, the tears would cling to the surface of the eye, then pool, and would eventually have to be wiped away. As you may know, liquids act very differently in a microgravity environment than they do here on Earth. Rather than spilling into a puddle on the ground, they float in a little ball. While it would be quite fun to float around chasing your balls of apple juice or coffee through the Space Station, it's not very safe. Liquids could get into the electronics and equipment, and cause problems. It would also be just plain messy! Astronauts drink their liquids through a straw. They also have rinseless shampoo and edible toothpaste so that excess water isn't a problem.
As for crying in space...Dr. Tom says that there are too many cool things to see and do while living and working in space. What could there possibly be to cry about?!

Susan
YIC Admin Team

Source : http://space.yesican-science.ca/Blogs/?view=203
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Future For This Useful Post:
idealsome (Wednesday, April 03, 2013), ravaila (Tuesday, June 02, 2009)