View Single Post
Old Friday, June 05, 2009

Astute Accountant has a spectacular aura aboutAstute Accountant has a spectacular aura about

1. HIJAJ BIN YOUSUF SAFQI put AARAB in The Holy Quran in 43rd hijri year.
2. KHALIL BIN AHMED BASRI put TASHDEED, HAMZA and MUD in The Holy Quran.
3. Only two Surahs in The Holy Quran are named on just one word… SURAH SUAAD and SURAH QAAF.
4. AYAT_UL_KURSI is the 255th ayat of Surah Baqarah.
5. The Surah that has Bismillah twice… Surah Namal.
6. The greatest emphasis laid in The Holy Quran is on… Namaz.
7. Each Part (Para’h) of The Holy Quran is named after its first word with which that Part starts.
8. The Paternal Uncle of the Holy Prophet SAW mentioned in The Holy Quran… Abu Lahab.
9. The caliph who compiled The Holy Quran in the form of a book… Hazrat Abu Baqar Sadeeq R.A.
10. The caliph who put The Holy Quran in 30 Parts (Para’h)… Hazrat Usman Ghani R.A.
11. The total words in The Holy Quran… 86,430.
12. The Surahs of The Holy Quran can be classified into…. Three categories… Long Surahs, Medium Surahs and Short Surahs
13. Three people who were not Prophets but are mentioned in The Holy Quran in good terms… Luqman, Aziz-e-Misr and Zul-qurnain
14. The Surah with the maximum number of commands… Surah Fatiha
15. The topic of The Holy Quran… Human Being.
16. Hazrat Ayesha R.A. was the first one to COUNT THE AYAATS of The Holy Quran.
17. The Holy Prophet SAW has been referred to as YA AY-YOHUN NABIO… 11 times.
18. Masjids mentioned in The Holy Quran… Masjid-e-Haram, Masjjid-e-Aqsa, Masjid-e-Nabwi SAW, Masjid-e-Quba and Masjid-e-Zarar
19. The nation that has been referred to as the most disobedient nation in The Holy Quran by Allah… Bani Israel.

Sheikh Saadi R.A was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Persian.

Pitras Narablus was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Latin.

Mualana Shah Rafi ud Din was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Urdu.

Maulana Abbas Ali was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Bangla.

Hakeem Sufi Mir Muhammad Yaqoob was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Marhati.

Sheikh Abdur Rasheed was the first one to translate The Holy Quran into Japanese.

The Umaahaat ul Momineen who were Hufaaz… Hazrat Ayesha R.A, Hazrat Hufsa R.A. and Hazrat Um-e-Salma R.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomencer
Most of us are told by self proclaimed "mullas" and "aalims" that holy quran has 6666 verses which, infact, is not true. I still remeber that episode of "neelam ghar" (now "tariq aziz show") in which a question about the number of quranic verses was asked. The answer was as usual 6666 and it was held true. To my amazement even some booklets boasting to throw some light on quran carry same information. I have counted it (number of verses of quran) 3-4 times and every time the result was "6236".
One more point to ponder. In surah fatiha (chapter 1) "Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi" is counted as a verse (ayat) but not in other surahs. Is "Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi" a verse of fatiha alone? If alone, then why it is obligatory to recite it before every surah except surah al-tawba (also surah Barāat; Chapter-9). And if it is a part of every surah (if revealed with each suarh every time) then why don't we count it while counting verses of quran? If it is a part of each surah then why don't we recite it ("Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi") after surah fatiha in namaz (salah)?
Share your valuable knowledge. Waiting for your reply. May ALLAH bless u all.
Your question stunned me as well so I tried to find the answer of your query and I ended up with this....

This very question had been answered, back in 2004.

Quote:
Question
Can you tell me exactly how many Ayahs are there in the Holy Quran? I have heard some learned Alims saying it is 6666. I do not know how they arrived at this figure. I counted the ayash in all the 114 Surahs and the total I get is 6,236 without Bismillah and 6,349 if you add Bismillah.

Answer
Assalamu Alaykum,

The total number of verses in the Holy Quran is disupted amonst Muslim scholars, primarily because there is a dispute amongst scholars over some of the verses, where they end and if a certain verse is one or actually multiple verses etc. This is due to many factors that have played in the compilation of the Quran.

However, irrespective of that, the verses by themselves or their number does not bear much significance, it is the passages of Quran that are actually interpreted by linguists to understand the meaning. So for instance, verses 1-20 of Al-Baqarah have one theme and talk about three sets of people that prophet Muhammad (pbuh) encountered in his mission. Similarly, verses 21-29 talk about a certain theme, and same goes for verses 30-39 and so forth.

I hope this is helpful. If not, please write back to me and I shall help you out with whatever additional questions that you may have.

Allah Hafiz,
Muhammad Omer Iqbal
www.omeriqbal.com

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Astute Accountant For This Useful Post:
fahadfa (Thursday, March 04, 2010), pisceankhan (Tuesday, August 12, 2014)