View Single Post
Old Wednesday, June 10, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Salaam,

Dr. Atif, I have read your precis. It was a really nice effort. You crossed the word limit (335/3=111+-5) so I gave it an informal try. Here is my draft.

Calamities and human response

Adverse weather brings natural calamities which cause damage, injury and death. Weather in its extremity in different parts of the world causes discomfort and illness. It also disrupts traffic, causes inconvenience to people and affects agriculture. Yet man will some day learn to gain control over weather and adjust it to human benefit. Advances in medical science bode well for future. As global resources would be aimed at improving health, present day ailments will become extinct one day. However, for progress wars must end. Wars consume global resources which can otherwise bring prosperity. The only possible way to achieve this end is formation of a global government which would chastise wicked nations that violate peace. (115 words)

This is how a qualifier out of touch with studies for the past one year does. If you find your effort better than mine then you have a very good reason to feel confident.

I will give you my suggestions tomorrow. This is beginning to bore me today.

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
dr.atifrana (Wednesday, June 10, 2009), fluent_20 (Friday, February 26, 2010), Viceroy (Wednesday, June 10, 2009), Zoyee (Thursday, June 11, 2009)