View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 18, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

amna ji, though i do not have the direct answers to your queries, here is what i have got for u.

a friend of mine in 36th ctp told me that there are three women (all from punjab) in his batch who opted for police. and one of them even got an open merit seat.

it is a well known fact that dmg and psp are the toughest groups from service point of view. the officers serving in these groups have to carry the entire load of districts over them when they're in the field. they also have to ensure constant blessings of local politicians over them if they wish to save their postings. and when these officers are sent to report to the headquarters (s&gad and cpo), they really have to flex their muscles to influence the appointing authority to get a posting again. this is at least how it works in sindh. i am not sure about other provinces.

besides, officers in these two groups can be sent to far-flung areas of pakistan. the very thought of this sends shock waves down my spine. moreover, women serving in these departments have to work with male staff and deal with public (mostly men). all this makes the job really tough for them. on a lighter note, i heard an instance of a female officer getting her driver changed just because she thought he constantly stared at her. :P

also, a woman working in psp or dmg can not have a smooth married life. it is bound to obstruct it one way or the other.

despite all this, i do not understand what thoughts do women have before they opt for demanding services like psp and dmg.

@ amna ji, afrms; please enlighten me as well.

regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Amjad Aman (Saturday, June 20, 2009), Faisalmemon (Thursday, June 18, 2009), Muhammad Imran Qureshi (Thursday, June 18, 2009), shabeersethar (Thursday, August 06, 2009), zaheer baloch (Thursday, June 18, 2009)