View Single Post
Old Thursday, June 18, 2009
37th Common
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 120

Adil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really niceAdil Memon is just really nice

Perhaps I didn't set the right tone when I was asking the question. I have received the following reply on my email.

Quote:
Hello Mr Memon

I am a regular visitor of css forum though not a proper member, ur post "ladieeeezzz....attention plzzz" caught my attention(as i am a lady n av attempted th papers of 2009). frankly speaking i m shocked by the approach most of the guys take regarding women's deptts and allocations. just a reminder.."this is the 21st century" women have taken up jobs like GD Pilots and paragliders(yes i am talking abt pakistan)...most of the girls are well aware of th peculiarities of the deptts they've put on their preference lists..be it psp or dmg...if v av opted to serve our country by joining th civil services v r well prepared of th challenges ahead...so it was ur poor perception abt th ladies that they r unaware of th hurdles that lie before them after joinin th mentioned 2 deptts...
quoting u"a woman working in psp or dmg can not have a smooth married life"...well today in pak, women working anywhere other than their homes cannot have a smooth life..thx to the male chauvinist society v live in...!!!...v can touch th skies in technology and advancements...but what lies embedded in th very mind set of man cannot b changed so easily..!!!
lastly i wuf like to giv u some understanding of what thoughts do women have before they opt for demanding services like psp and dmg: these thoughts r of determination towards their aim in life...courage to serve their country...desire to b part of a solution or change...confidence over their capabilities to face horrofic challenges...i can add atleast a 100 more reasons...(except th craze for uniform as qouted by AFRMS!..)...

hope that my mail wud add a little to ur imagination regarding women in this field.
I wish to clarify that my intention was not to offend female candidates by questioning their judgment. My concern is serious and genuine. I want to know what do female candidates plan before they opt for service likes PSP and DMG. Do they keep in mind all the realities I mentioned? Do they really know how hard government service in these two groups can be?

A public apology to the enraged lady!

Regards,

Adil Memon
Police Service of Pakistan (P.S.P)
37th Common Training Program
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adil Memon For This Useful Post:
Asifr (Wednesday, August 12, 2009), dr.atifrana (Thursday, June 18, 2009)