View Single Post
Old Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

@Tauqir Mehmood Wattoo

I second your opinion. I didn’t know about Dr. Anwar’s expertise over sociology. It was my good luck that I gave a try to VU lectures and these lectures proved very helpful. After going through Dr. Anwar’s lectures I strongly believe in the comments which Tauqir Mehmood Wattoo has passed for him. This was purely my good luck that I got these lectures without knowing him.

I placed an ordered with VU for lecture notes and CDs on Sociology, Mass Communication, Pakistan Affairs, and Islamiat. Due to shortage of time I could best utilize only sociology and Pakistan study lectures and had a quick review of Islamiat. I utilized Mass Communication CDs and lectures back in 2008 but for 2009 attempt I was running short of time so I could revise only selective topics in a period of two days. Few of these topics were like, Public Relations, Advertisement, Journalism history, and Ethical standards.

Most of the sociology MCQs in 2009 were covered from these lectures. While attempting sociology paper I was of the view that paper has either been set by Dr. Muhammad Anwar or by a person whose approach is similar to that of Dr. Muhammad Anwar. His lectures enrich us with best terminology in sociology which is an added advantage while attempting the paper.

I purchased following two lecture notes on sociology:

1) Introduction to Sociology (SOC 101)
By Dr. Muhammad Anwar
2) Research Methods (STA 630)
By Dr. Muhammad Anwar

Though research methods lecture Notes by Dr. Muhammad Anwar were very useful but I attempted Research Steps question (2009) from Shahnaz Arifullah and K. M Bhatti’s book (Research Process Simplified) in combination with Roger D. Wimmer and Joseph R. Dominick’s book ( Mass Media Research). This combination made my answer very effective.

Two main benefits of VU lectures:
1) To the point and time saving
2) Standard language (Most suitable terminology), Standard approach, generally acceptable stance, free from biasness, and nearly official stance on major issues. (The most beneficial for us to save ourselves from any risk).

Regards

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Tuesday, June 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
irshadsod (Sunday, March 07, 2010), kinzacss (Sunday, April 04, 2010), lizaaudacious (Saturday, January 01, 2011), Viceroy (Tuesday, June 23, 2009), Sabah Hunzai (Saturday, June 27, 2009), Tauqir Mehmood Wattoo (Tuesday, June 23, 2009), umeer (Sunday, July 11, 2010), Zaheer Qadri (Thursday, August 29, 2013)