Thread: Custom & Excise
View Single Post
Old Monday, July 27, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 62nd

shoaibraza_pk is on a distinguished road
Default @Amjad Aman

AOA ,
Dear Amjad, hope you will be fine and enjoying after being in CEG.
Thanks for your fine information. I am very happy to find that Custom people are taking interest and coming into contact.

Well as far as CEG reforms are concerned I am very much with the soul and spirit of my group. I mean I will rise and fall with my group. In fact people of ITG want to reassert themselves on the cost of CEG which should not be acceptable to us, and even the reforms go into the favor of ITG, it does not matter we must be satisfied as our purpose is to serve Government of Pakistan and not to usurp the authority and power of some other group. Believe me Custom alone would be better than IRS or PRS. The thing which make us annoy is that when our senior members from ITG approach IMF officials and report them the GOP is not sincere in TARP reforms so please force GOP to implement TARP otherwise stop loan installments. There are different news against CEG in daily newspapers which are published on the demands of ITG and funded by them.
If a new service with the name of Pakistan Revenue Service is created by the Parliament. It could not be challenged by the CEG in any court. So, this time things are different as Govt is forced to implement TARP that is to collect Sales tax and income tax by the same officer of Inland Revenue service.
Any ways these things matter a little to us. Our seniors must be safeguarding our and their own interests efficiently. The only repercussion of sales tax to ITG would be that the promotions of CEG will be slowed down.
Take care and welcome commenst
Shoaib Raza@37 Common CEG