Thread: Essay Tips
View Single Post
Old Monday, April 03, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

This is good informative post. Thanks for sharing. Something which I should clear is that demand of essay paper is "Analytical + Comprehensive" and not "Analytical + Critical". Although I really want that this demand should be of "Analytical + Comprehensive + Critical".

Second thing is that in this post, author has described the qualities of critical and non-critical thinking just in the form of simple assertions. Although I agree with these assertions and I accept that these assertions do describe the qualities of critical and non-critical thinking. But author himself has written this post in quite un-critical and non-analytical style. He/she has not analyzed these assertions at all and has described them just in the form of affirmative sentences. "Critical analysis", in the strict sense, is a long chain of logical reasoning, out of which, at the end, the final results are deduced in the form of assertions. Here, author has not performed this "critical" reasoning and despite the fact the assertions are mostly true, there is no supportive evidence for the truth of these assertions, in this piece of writing.

I just have tried to explain the difference between critical and non-critical style by using the example of this post itself. Post, however, is good informative one because it does tell us which is critical and which is not.

Thanks!
étoile brillante (Wednesday, March 01, 2017), fizza anwer (Sunday, April 28, 2013), Usman tareen (Friday, June 30, 2017), wafa khan (Monday, September 30, 2013)