View Single Post
Old Monday, August 17, 2009

Zeee is on a distinguished road

I also belong to PAAS - 37th Common.

After allocation, i searched for the career prospects regarding PAAS. I found out that this group remined low profile due to lack of its public dealings (as are common in dmg, psp, itg, ceg etc.) but PAAS officers are called 'bureaucrats of the bureaucrats as they deal with ALL GOVT Depts as a whole (as in india and other countries, there are separate 'Accounts Services' for different departments like military, railway, provincial, federal but in Pakistan they are all rolled into one service precisely after the civil services reforms of 1973).

From tehsil, district and province to all the federal ministries, PAAS prevails. There are three major subdivisions within PAAS. 1) Civil Accounts (federal & provincial - foreign accounts, customs accounts, provincial accountant generals and federal ones 2) Railway accounts 3) Military accounts - including all three defence forces and defence productions units

The promotion is very fast track.
Home station luxury available.
Horizontal mobility in highest, second only to dmg. PAAS can go virtually everywhere in govt. as everywhere is their play area like LDA, CDA, NADRA, NHA etc.

Current Chairman of Pakistan Steel is from PAAS.
Mr. Ahmed Waqar. the erstwhile federal finance secretary and chairman FBR was from PAAS.
Recent Auditor General of Pak has also been federal finance secretay as well execuive director on WB board.
Around four to five federal secretaries are from PAAS.
PAAS officers are present on the board of CAA alongwith air marshals.

PAAS officers have been Chief Secretaries in Sind including the Current one.
They are and have been provoncial finance secretaries in sind and nwfp (may be in punjab as well but i dont know)

PAAS officers have an edge being Financial Consultants of the GOP as thats their nature of job as compared to dmg who got administrative expertise only.

Due to All Pakistan Unified Grades (APUG) as was done by ZA Bhotto in 1973, gives same promotional and career opportunities to all groups (basically it broke the monopoly of dmg erstwhile csp) . So it all depends on the capabilities of a person to achieve hights of civil services remaining in his/ her own group.

Also the PAAS posts are not that much politically vulnerable so a person can enjoy his/ her stay to the max. Unlike PSP and DMG where entire field officers are changed after stepping in of new govt. PAAS enjoy their positions.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zeee For This Useful Post:
Asifr (Tuesday, August 18, 2009), Cosmic_libertine (Friday, August 28, 2009), jadoon khan (Sunday, August 30, 2009), SarfrazBuriro (Tuesday, May 23, 2017)