Thread: Tips
View Single Post
Old Friday, April 01, 2005
Administrator

Thanked 2,445 Times in 282 Posts
Argus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to beholdArgus is a splendid one to behold
Default Tips

I think that the path to obtain good marks in interview leads from the psychological tests. The seniors told me that psychological tests are nothing and you don’t need to worry about it, but I will not advise the same to my other CSSian.

For the written part of the psychological test, just browse a guidebook like ISSB Test guide. It will give you an idea that what sort of tests you have to undertake. You MUST complete all the tests.

Then for the verbal portion of psychological test, just speak in English as much as you can with you friends. Have a continuous and meticulous reading of newspapers and watch PTV’s Khabarnama and especially the business news regularly. Do not forget to read the and memorize basic data from the Economic Survey of Pakistan, which is just released. Believe me, it will help you tremendously.

Important: There should be harmony and consistency between what you write about yourself and family in written part, because that three psychologist would ask you about it and if they found any discrepancy, it might cerate negative persona of you.

Another thing, you have to write three books you like most or you last finished reading (apart from academic or religious books i.e. Qur’an). Then they will ask you why you write these three books? So be ready to defend your choice.

Although the psychological test does not carry marks, but logically speaking, the board interview take place immediately after the psychological test so your good performance in psychological test do reflect upon your total marks in interview. That’s what I observed and learned.

Best wishes,

(Thanx Atif )
The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to Argus For This Useful Post:
afaq_hunts (Sunday, November 29, 2009), amnatariqshah (Sunday, December 04, 2011), Arfan Faheem (Monday, January 13, 2014), aurkn (Saturday, July 18, 2009), bifokeen (Saturday, October 16, 2010), diahameed (Tuesday, November 29, 2011), Eager (Thursday, December 08, 2011), Engineer Lala (Monday, July 29, 2019), Faiza Rajput (Tuesday, February 21, 2017), game on (Thursday, February 02, 2012), Gulrukh (Friday, December 02, 2011), hadia hassan (Sunday, October 16, 2016), ilyas sowdad (Tuesday, September 09, 2014), Jalilkhan (Friday, December 02, 2011), khalidusman (Thursday, October 11, 2012), Layth (Friday, March 03, 2017), Maria Farooq (Thursday, March 06, 2014), morningcloud (Wednesday, June 18, 2014), Mujtaba Abbas (Wednesday, March 13, 2013), Qasim Rabbani (Tuesday, May 17, 2016), SADIA SHAFIQ (Monday, October 10, 2011), sadiqkhattak (Friday, February 13, 2009), Seemab (Tuesday, October 09, 2012), Shaista Awan (Wednesday, November 27, 2013), silza (Monday, December 15, 2014), tariqrana (Saturday, February 22, 2014), UbaidKhalid (Monday, December 17, 2012), Zawar Hussain khan (Monday, May 26, 2014)