View Single Post
Old Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Mr.Nationalist will become famous soon enough
Default Let's learn Pashto(Razay che pukhto zda kro)

pashtu learning is a fun

lets learn the national and one of the official language of afghanistan and the language of millions of pashtuns in pakistan

why not to learn the language which has 100 marks in CSS and 150 marks in pashtunkhwah PCS

WHY NOT TO LEARN THE LANGUAGE WHERE MASTER AND Ph.D DEGREES CAN BE OBTAINED
lets learn the language of taliban in pakistan and afghansitan

LESSON NO. 1

FOR PASHTO ALPHABET PLEASE SEE
http://www.pashto.ca/index.html
OR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVuO2...eature=related
OR
//www.afghanistans.com/Alphabet.htm
GRAMMAR ; pronoun

I .......................ZA. WE.....................MONG/J.YOU.SINGULAR....TA

YOU PLURAL........TASO.HE/SHE...............HAGHA.THEY..................HAGH OI

VOCABULARY.ZA HALAK/ZANKAY YAM....... I AM A BOY.

HALAK/ZANKAY..................BOY.

YAM............................. AM

communication.

how are you?............... sanga ye? / saranga ye ?

I m fine ......................... za kha/sha yam

GENERAL

there are two main dialects in pashto language.

hard dialect.......... spoken in areas like peshawar, mardan, swat, malakand, dir, kohat, paracinar, jalalabad, bajawar, mohmand, khyber,etc mainly in northern part of pashto speaking areas.here the pure pashto words are prounced as kh and g not sh and j if the word comprises the sound. as the word for fine is prounced here as kha not sha. the word for beard is prounced as gira not jira. from the pure pushtu words i mean not words borrowed from other languages .for example. the word khalis is prounced in both the dialects the same as it is not a pure pashto word. and such words are written with arabic khe not pashto khin

soft dialect......... spoken in SOUTHERN areas like banu, karak, waziristan, baluchistan, qandahar, paktya etc. here the above sounds are prounced as sh and g . fine is sha here and beard is jira here.

I will try for your orientation of both the dialects or accents.THERE IS NOTHING TO DO SPECIAL .often the symbol/ denotes the difference of dialects. however it is not necessary to learn both the dialects as both are easily mutually intelligible. accents of qandahar and peshawar or mardan are the strandard accents throug out the world.

remember that both the dialects are written in the same script . thats why you see special pashto letters for khe and ge

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

lesson no 2.

pronouns

my..................................zama. our...................zamong/j

your.sing.........................sta. your.plu..............staso

his..... da hagha... her......da haghay. their......... da haghoi

vcocabulary

my house/home......... zama kor

your book...................sta kitab

his cow.......................da hagha ghwa

her university.............. da haghaay univesity/ pohantoon

communication

welcome....................... pakhair raghlay/starhi mashay

thanks..........................merabani/manana

general

pashto is the natioional language of afghanistan and one of the two official languages(the other one is Dari). thus we see particular words used there which has no so much currency in pakistan as here urdu or english words are dominant. as we saw above the actual pure word for university is pohantoon. similarly for hospital the word is roghtoon but to many pashtuns in pakistan these words are not known because in pakistan the official language is english or urdu and the langauges of sign boards

lesson no 3

pronouns

for the english pronouns mine pashto pronoun is the same zama, for them da haghoi , for him da hagha and so on

vocabulary

it is for him........ da da hagha da para day/da

it......................da,him................. da hagha

for................. da para, is...............day(masc.)da(fem)

comunication

imperatives

come......................................raza

go.........................................za

general

in pashto you will come across many synonyms and homonyms. context make the meaning clear. as we saw two meaninigs of the word za one I, second go. there is a little diffrence of stress as the one for go is more stressed
----------------------------

Will keeping posting the lessons whenever i have free time

Regards

Awal khpala jaba pasta nooray jabay
Bey bunyada imaarat kho samoon na ka
Asif Yousufzai (Tuesday, October 06, 2009), leopard (Tuesday, October 06, 2009), Mehria (Tuesday, October 19, 2010)