View Single Post
Old Wednesday, April 26, 2006
Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMedal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Babban Miyan Ding Dong is on a distinguished road

Assalam Alaikum,

I just like to make few points here.

I am sure that all of us join Civil Services to serve our country, but what I did not understand that ppl choosing groups for the perks and benefits offered in each group, rather than choosing groups that one can utilize their strength.

I am a very Junior Member here, so I may be wrong but these perks and benefits are only good when individuals put their 100%, rather getting into the grps for the perks and benefits sake, and our services becomes secondary.

I agree with Brother shahid 100%, that these benefits should be offered to the Civil servant as a return to their hard work, but at the end it all comes down to individuals making an effort to honestly serve their country.

John F. Kennedy once said:

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

As for the military and civil services, I am sure we all respect them from the deepest of our hearts, but we should also have courage to criticize when we see wrongdoings of indviduals. This in no way means that one is being critical to the whole institution, after all healthy criticism only leads to improvement.

So for the sake of healthy criticism, if we think we are perfect than we are wrong, because there is always room for improvement, and same can be said for any government institution in Pakistan.

I think this forum, as brother shahid pointed out does just that, it gives the aspirants and already civil servants to share their views and opinions, and we should all participate in a positive way. After all this is one step closer to make our Pakistan the best it can be.

Brother Shahid, I just like to point out on behalf of all the staff here, that SENIOR MEMBERS like u are the source of inspiration for the members of this forum. U combined with all the other Senior Members are very helpful for this forum, and hope that u can visit us and keep guiding us, as that too is greatest Civil Service to your countrymen.

Thanks.

Last edited by Princess Royal; Monday, January 11, 2010 at 01:15 PM.