Thread: PC_Tweaks
View Single Post
Old Sunday, October 25, 2009

Waseemtabish is a jewel in the roughWaseemtabish is a jewel in the roughWaseemtabish is a jewel in the roughWaseemtabish is a jewel in the rough
Default How to find drivers for Unknown Devices

Most of U members often seen or faced some problems in finding drivers specially of unknown devices. I almost tried maximum drivers guides etc but they are not that much effective as the following method is. I by my self use this method for my self. This method I got from google 1st time & now I am fully utilizing it when ever I need to find unknown devices drivers.

1. Open Device Manager (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
2. The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
3. Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
4. Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
5. You should see a code similar to this

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086
&REV_01\4&1E46F438&0&40F0

6. The portion of the code highlighted in RED is the Vendor ID and the portion highlighted in GREEN is the Device ID. In this example:

Vendor ID = 8086
Device ID = 27DC
7. Once you have obtained both the IDs open the given site & put ur vendor ID & Device ID there & u will get full detail & model number of that unknown device so just by typing that device name correctly in google U can get exect drivers of ur unknown devices

Code:
www.pcidatabase.com
ambren_kanval (Saturday, October 31, 2009), khanzada_111 (Tuesday, November 10, 2009)