View Single Post
Old Thursday, November 05, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 6117, Css 2012 - Roll no 7476

anwaartheravian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m!! View Post
Aoa ..
Hope you are in best of yur health . My query is regarding DMG .I have read about DMG in this and other topis but some are very old posts . As i am confused about the situation now and in Musharaf times . Because they have made AC and DC again . Whats their salary. What power and perks they enjoy ? Is there anyone else than FSP go to wolton academy ? DMGs still go to that academy in lahore ? only there or sumwhere too .. Kindy clear my vision regarding this aspect as i am interested in DMG but dont have much knowledge about it and its current situations
AoA,
Though the Nazims have virtually lost all their powers, the DMG has still not totally regained its lost glory. Young DMG officers are still appointed as DDO (Deputy District Officer) of either Revenue, Finance or Planning department. The proposal of appointing them as Administrator for Tehsil is still there, but keeping in view the overwhelming opposition it is facing, it is safe to think that their appointment as Administrator will be temporary, if ever done. As for perks and privileges, a 17th grade DMG officer has an independent office, a government vehicle usually a jeep (not pajero) along with a driver, and also easily gets accommodation in small districts, but in provincial capitals and large districts accommodation is hard to find. The salary is around 25,000. Being a DDO (R) he heads all the Tehsildars, and Patwaris of the Tehsil.
The CTP of DMG officers is held with all the other groups at Walton Road, and its STP is held at Mall Road, Lahore.
In the nutshell DMG is a good group to join, but if you are a male candidate then i'll recommend to join PSP, as PSP has far more powers than DMG.
fais (Sunday, December 06, 2009), Mao Zedong (Tuesday, October 18, 2011), n0m!! (Friday, November 06, 2009), The Manager (Sunday, March 21, 2010)