View Single Post
Old Sunday, November 08, 2009

bunko is on a distinguished road
Wink Art and Architecture Under Delhi Sultanate

Just trying to write it, to retain it and hope will benefit you guys.

Art & Architecture Under Delhi Sultanate

Delhi sultanate was not behind in any category to ameliorates the conditions of indo-pak. They build numerous mosques and tombs, bath and gardens, bridges and canals; in Syrian, Egyptian and Iranian styles. The mixture of this style is well known as Indo-Islamic architecture.

Delhi sultanate ruled by different dynasties and they performed numerous work which can be recognized and evaluate under the following dynasties.

Slave Dynasty:

Qutbuddin Aibek was patron of art and architecture, But unfortunately he could survive long to show the wonders of world, but still some of them still remaining, One of the most prominent is "Qutib Minar" started by Qutbudin Aibek but completed by his successor Shamsuddin Iltutmish. Aibek also erected Qubbat-Ul-Islam mosque at delhi, which is wonder in itself.

However, His successor was also not left behind in this race of architecture, he build wonderful Jama-i-Masjid at Delhi in 1223.

Khalji Dynasty:

Muhammad Bin Tujluq and Feroz Shah Tughlaq both erected the mountains of architecture during their regime under Delhi sultanate. Jamaat Khanah Masjid at Dargah of Shiekh Nizamuddin Aulia and Alai Darwaza at Qutib Minar are the most precious jewel of Delhi sultanate. Begumpuri Masjid build by Muhammad bin Tughlaq. furthermore Feroz shah built stunning more than 300 cities under his sultanate i.e ferozabad, fatehabad etc. His cheif architect was Ghazi Malik who put his khaliji and turkish style in his architecture.

Syed and Lodhi Dynasty:

Syed and Lodhi was also not left in the race of architecture. They also erected many beautiful and eye catching mosques, mausoleums and tombs.
The sath gumbaj mosque is wonder of wonders, its name defines the it is masjid of 60 domes, but it contains total 77 domes in Sath Gumbaj Masjid,It is built in bengal. Jam-i-Masjid at Ahmedabad in 1311 is also a eye catching building. which is supported on 200 pillars.

Hushand Shah's Tomb is the most prominent work of loddhies dynasty, it is tomb which is built on by only white marbles. furthermore, Lal darwaza mosque and jam-i-mashid was build bt Hussian shah at Malwa.

In pakistan they also erected some wonders like Sat Gumbaj Mosque and the tomb of Khan Jehan Ali at "Khulna" by Skindar Shah. Chota Sona and Bara Sona Masjid build at Bengal, that further enhances the beauty of bengal.

Conclusion:

In brief, the rulers of Delhi sultanate were serious architecture their invested they talent to erect buildings, mosque, tombs and mausoleums to remain for ever. they showed their love to architecture by applying different styles and calligraphy.

Regards