View Single Post
Old Monday, November 09, 2009
37th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2008 - Merit 112

F.S. will become famous soon enough

Dear Anwartheravian

Salams, It is good to find a knowledgeable post here. I feel obliged to share my views on this topic. to begin with comparing various groups is not at all justified, since every group has its pros & cons

Quote:
In the nutshell DMG is a good group to join, but if you are a male candidate then i'll recommend to join PSP, as PSP has far more powers than DMG.
Dear let me clarify that induction in civil services of Pakistan should not be based on seeking power, as a public servant you would b a facilitator, administrator & co-ordinator, not a politician who requires power to harass hos foes... so seeking power should not be a concern for a new entrant in civil services

Quote:
The reasons due to which I am constrained to believe that PSP is a better choice than DMG is that though admittedly DMG officers do hold some key posts after getting into BS-20 or higher(only 20% of these senior officers get these 'key posts', while rest remain posted at 'khudde line' posts),
The argument that only 20% of DMG officer get good postings, where as the rest remain posted at "Khudda line" posts hold true for PSP officers as well. not every PSP Officers is posted as DPO, they also serve in "Khudda line " posts at HQs.. Believe me the offices of DIGs in CPO Karachi r not at all better than a Section Officer in Sindh Secretariat.

We must not forget that DMG Officers have largest share in BS-22, BS-21, BS-20, it means that career progression of DMG Officers has virtually no match: Pre-Common PSP officers r still wondering in BS-20/21, where as DMG officers of even 7th CTP hv bn promoted in BS-22-the highest order of civil bureaucracy.

PPO(IG in BS-22) is merely head of one department i.e. Police.. he is equivalent to a secretary in other provincial department who is in BS-20, he has to seek formal approval of Chief Secretary before proceeding on some leave, he serves under him. PPO also works under the establishment of Ministry of Interior, whose secretary is normally from DMG, so whatever rank a PSP officer has, he is subservient to DMG officer

The real service of police officer is only when he is posted as a DPO(operations). Not every PSP officer gets posting as DPO when their r rankers available who can easily toe the line of politician. there is again a fierce rivalary among PSP officers, basically over postings...

Where as DMG officer has unlimited opportunities, his scope of service is not restricted to revenue only... DMG officers r posted every where in Secretariat, District administration, projects, foreign missions, corporations, FIA etc. in police only DPO hs independent command, where as in DMG, an officers start commanding independently from BS-18.

a federal secretary has no parallel match in police deptt

Quote:
but before that, it is not wise to compare the powers of DDOs, DOs, SO's. and Deputy Directors with ASPs. Restoration of executive magistracy is not in sight but PSP will remain the better choice even if the executive magistracy is revived, due to these reasons:

1- During devolution, though DCOs have figurehead nazims over them, they do not have much influence of MPAs and MNAs on them, at least directly. When the Nazims will be gone, the influence of MPAs and MNAs will increase in the day to day affairs of DCOs.
political interfernce is prevalent in every group, so this is not a right yardstick for comparision of various groups..Such political pressure & influence is greater on PSP officers, DPO loses his posting if opponent of MNA/MPA is not arrested.

Quote:
2- Currently, DCO signs the ACRs of all the EDOs, which gave him extra control over them, but after the restoration of divisional directors, Directors of the concerned department will sign the ACRs of the EDOs.
This should not be a big concern for DMG officers.. signing ACRs hardly makes a differnce.. even if the ACR of some EDO is written by a director, but it has to be counter-signed by a Secretary(normally from DMG).. so they can't skip DMG officers

To be continued
Abdullah Nayyar (Sunday, October 24, 2010), Adil Memon (Monday, November 09, 2009), Alexkahn (Monday, February 06, 2012), ALI SB (Saturday, September 10, 2011), AR-Rehman (Monday, February 14, 2011), Asifr (Tuesday, November 10, 2009), cnc_strategist (Monday, July 19, 2010), drvalentino (Tuesday, June 05, 2012), engr izhar ul haq (Friday, March 16, 2012), faisalraza (Monday, November 09, 2009), imranazeem (Monday, February 02, 2015), kashifilyas (Friday, October 29, 2010), Mao Zedong (Tuesday, October 18, 2011), Muhammad Ali Awan (Tuesday, November 10, 2009), Qaiserks (Wednesday, January 27, 2010), Razzi (Monday, August 29, 2011), The Manager (Sunday, March 21, 2010), wasfagillani (Monday, June 07, 2010), wassie (Sunday, September 01, 2013), Zshan96 (Friday, July 29, 2016)