View Single Post
Old Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: Css 2010 - Roll no 6117, Css 2012 - Roll no 7476

anwaartheravian is on a distinguished road

@F.S.: I totally agree with you brother.

Your thoughts about seeking opportunity to serve rather ability to rule are remarkable, but unfortunately most people don't think on the same lines, that's why in my post i just compared the powers of two groups. Besides, PSP does not offer any less opportunities to serve than any other group. And also, power provides ability to serve and rule at same time, it is on us, how we utilize it.

You are quite right in asserting that all PSP officers are not posted on lucrative posts, and there are "khudde line" posts in every department. But my argument was actually based on the fact that the sphere of PSP is far narrow than DMG group. PSP Officers have to be posted in Police, and all intelligence agencies, but DMG officers can be posted in every kind of department.That is why even a BS-21 officer of DMG is posted on the seats like DG, Standard Control Authority,and Chaiman Export Processing Zones and many such others.This diverse sphere of DMG gives them the benefit that the this group has maximum chances of promotions to BS-21 and BS-22. But my point is that what is the use of these higher grades if they do not guarantee 'authority posts'. I was trying to attach with my this post a list of DMG and PSP BS-20 Officers with their current appointments, but the file exceeds max size limit allowed. So i have uploaded it on other server, you can download it from there and see for your self that if in DMG officers the ratio of good posts/total posts is 20:50 that in PSP is 40:50.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TQ436ZJ7
The high ratio of good posts, gives officers a confidence that they can stand against political pressure, as they know if they are transferred, the probability of getting again good post in near or distant future are certainly there.

Now coming to your point that 'a federal secy has no match in PSP'. I partially agree with you. There are certain posts for which PSP provides no match. For instance Cheif Secy, Principal Secy of Governers, Principal Secy of PM, Secy S&GAD, Secy Finance, and 3-4 other posts. But what about the other departments like Secy youth and sports affair, Secy Population Welfare, Secy Housing, Labour Division & Public Health and many many others. Let me also make it clear, that these secretaries are not from DMG, but from secritariat group, where an officer of any group can go on deputation, but that is true that most of these secy do in fact belong to DMG. Besides, There are even such departments exist that made people wonder, why there is a need of any such department. A DPO, or DCO has more powers than a secy of such authority less department. Now when the total number of officers of DMG exceeds 600, but total available worthwhile posts are less than 150 and 'unmatchable to PSP' posts are 7-8, it becomes imperative for officers, if they want good posts, to seek political patronage. While in PSP the chances of reaching BS-21 and BS-22 are less, but within the lower grades i.e. BS-17(As ASP) -BS-20(As DIG), the chances of getting rewarding posts are more than any other group.

I also agree with you that a PSP officer e.g. DPO heads only 1 deptt in district while DCO heads 13 deptts, but out of these 13 only 4 are worth mentioning. these are: Revenue, Finance, Health and Education, all other departments are of no significance like forestry, social planning etc. But here, in my opinion, if we judge on the basis of quality rather than quantity of power, especially in a 'police state' which Pakistan unfortunately is, becoming DPO is better than becoming DCO.

Yes, it is true that for signing ACRs DOs and EDOs cannot skip DMG officers, but I gave that fact in the context that if Executive Magistracy is restored, DCO will not only gain other powers, it will also loose some, some critical ones.
engr izhar ul haq (Friday, March 16, 2012), fais (Sunday, December 06, 2009)