View Single Post
Old Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Laeeque is on a distinguished road

Aoa Everyone

My Interview was on 18th and i was second to go. It all started in a pretty pleasant mood, i was greeted and told to sit.
There were no introductions etc, started out by my academic career as in a self explanatory manner that i had done MBA and so and so.
There were absolutely no questions reagrding my favourite books or personality, and not even job experience which i was expecting.
So after some easy introduction there was a light question on my demerits such as sensitive or stubborn which i had written in ny psyc test which i was able to explain quite easily.
I knew that i would be asked definitions but least expected that 3 definitions in a line would be asked, first of public administration, then international relations and than Human Resource. I really had to compose my thoughts and gave all three definitions with a bit generalistic in one, it all went well.
my interview, i would say about 80 % based more like on current affairs and general opinion based questions and i would say even sort of logical type.
anyways current affairs included Baluchistan Package, Lengthy discussions on NFC, NRO, Environment of Reconciliation as made by the government, then steps take to avert energy / water crisis, and most of all the recent security checks that pakistanis had to go on airports as announced recently.

I had also mentioned some of these in my psych test as well. Alhamdulliulah it all went very well as i was happy that i was being questioned on the topics that i had worked on most and were on my fingertips. so all these topics and the answers went very well. There was no hesitation at all.

And again i recall that i was asked questions regarding my academic side (regarding grades), to which i answered and again regarding my first attempt and of Css. All this went quite well.

Regarding professional career i was dying that they ask questions...lol, but they didnt, only a minor one or two, it was kool.

Then of course some questions rergarding International relations, very general in nature like how international relations are important for countries, how thay formulate or what policies, pretty much emphasiz on like foreign policy, i was giving detailed explanations on almost all, and at two times i remember i was being cut and asked another questions.

The only difficult phase was regarding Islamic History and Culture, First an easy question on Muslim Rule on Spain. then regarding culture, how it is important and how it changes. Well this was more of a logical question and then 3 more questions were asked from my answer to may be pressurize me. it also went well but i really had to compose my thoughts.

Than there was a questions like how would you improve Human resource in Pakistan and what to you see. It was regarding my subject in MBA. It also went well.

Than at the end there was a pretty confusing question, (the question was so biiiiig thought it was never gonna end), How do u define bureaucracy, what do u mean by it, how it is important, what has it done for Pakistan. goods and bads. My explanation went well with a very positive and constructive mind, like it is essential for internal security, strength and effective administration.
There were two questions from my preffered group, what would be my first steps if i am elected a DMG officer, First was from chairman and then from a member as well.(The question was same both the time but i tried to add some extra garnishing the second time)

I think this was it, havent left a single question i think.
In the end i was quite happy it went very well, i was able to answer every question.
And from what i have guessed that want to see your expression, confidence, your opinion, your constructive imagination.

Wish you all the best for your interviews.

Regards
Laeeque
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Laeeque For This Useful Post:
charismatic.leader (Wednesday, April 14, 2010), mohsinmumtaz (Saturday, January 23, 2010), poisoning flower (Tuesday, January 19, 2010), rizvan (Tuesday, January 19, 2010), Sajid Sadeem (Tuesday, January 19, 2010), Sana Shoaib (Tuesday, April 13, 2010), sehrishkhan123 (Friday, February 12, 2010), shallowwater (Wednesday, January 20, 2010), silza (Saturday, October 13, 2012), sohaani (Tuesday, January 19, 2010), waleed minhas (Tuesday, January 19, 2010), Zahara Alvi (Wednesday, January 20, 2010), Zahid Morio (Thursday, January 21, 2010)