Thread: PMS Rules 2004
View Single Post
Old Monday, February 15, 2010

marcusaurilius is on a distinguished road
Default PMS Rules 2004

Hi everybody i am posting here PMS Rules 2004 issued by the Govt of Punjab. However, i am still confused about the applicability of these. Is the promotion as well as the posting of PMS officers is being carried out in compliance of these rules or not. I have been selected in the latest course of PMS officers which is hopefully starting its training from 1st of March this year. I request already in-service PMS Officers to tell me about it.

GOVERNMENT OF THE PUNJAB
SERVICES & GENERAL ADMINISTRATION
DEPARTMENT

Lahore, the 17th January 2004

N O T I F I C A T I O N

No.SOR-III(S&GAD)1-12/2000. In exercise of the powers conferred on him under section 23 of the Punjab Civil Servants Act, 1974 (VIII of 1974), the Governor of the Punjab is pleased to direct that the following rules shall be made:-
1. Short title and commencement:-(1) These rules may be called the Punjab Provincial management Service Rules, 2004.
(2) They shall come into force at once.
2. Definitions.- In these rules unless the subject or context otherwise requires-(a) “Appointing Authority” means the authority specified in column 4 of Schedule-I;(b) “Commission” means the Punjab Public Service Commission;(c) “Chief Minister” means the Chief Minister of the Punjab;(d) “Department” means Service & General Administration Department;(e) “Government” means the Government of the Punjab;(f) “Graduate” means holder of a bachelor or equivalent degree from a recognized university;(g) “PMS” means the Provincial Management Service;(h) “Prescribed Departmental Examination” means examination to be conducted by the department for confirmation within probationary period;(i) “Prescribed Departmental Training/Examination” means examination to be conducted by the department or any other agency after completion of training course for promotion to BS-18 and BS-19; and(j) “Secretariat” means the Punjab Civil Secretariat, Lahore.
3. Nomenclature of the posts.- The Provincial Management Service shall consist of the posts as specified in Schedule-II.
4. Method of recruitment.- The method of recruitment, minimum qualification, age limit and other matters related thereto for the service shall be as given in Schedule-I.
5. Repeal.- The following rules are hereby repealed:-(i) The West Pakistan Secretariat (Section) Service Rules, 1962;(ii) The West Pakistan Deputy Secretaries’ Recruitment Rules, 1963; and(iii) The Punjab Extra Assistant Commissioners’ Recruitment Rules, 1992:
Provided that the existing incumbents of the ex-PCS, ex-PSS in different grades shall continue to be governed by the existing arrangements/policy, or any other policy/instructions issued from time to time.
6. Transitional.- The condition of graduation shall not apply for a period of seven years from the date of promulgation of the rules for existing incumbents for promotion against BS-17 posts, as given in column 6 para (2) (b) of Schedule-I.

SCHEDULE-I
(See rule 4)

PMS (BPS-17)[INDENT][/INDENT](1) 50% by initial recruitment the recommendations of the Punjab Public Service Commission based on the result of competitive examination. 2) 40% to be filled by promotion as follows:(a) 20% from amongst Tehsildars are graduates, on the basis of seniority cum fitness, who have five years service as Tehsildar and have pass the prescribed departmental examination.(b) 20% from amongst Superintendents / Private Secretaries on seniority cum fitness basis who are graduate and have passed the prescribed departmental examination in the ration respectively.3) 10% by selection on merit from amongst persons holding substantive posts of Superintends, Private Secretaries, Personal Assistants, Assistants. Sr. Scale Stenographers, Date Entry Operatos, Computer Operators and Junior Clerks under the Government of the Punjab, who possess the qualification of LLB or Master Degree in the fields of management Administration, Economics, and Information Technology from recognized university and have atleast five years of service. Selection against this quota should be made by the Punjab Public Service Commission.
In the case of officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Federal Government who are domiciled in the Punjab as well as the officials serving in connection with the affairs of the Punjab Govt. having at least four years service as such, the upper age limit shall be 35 years. Prescribed Department Examination.

Provincial Management Service PMS(BS-18) as per detail at Schedule-II
100% by promotion on seniority-cum-fitness from amongst the cadre of PMS/BS-17 being at least five years service with Prescribed Department Training/ Examination

Provincial Management Service PMS(BS-19) as per detail at Schedule-II

100% by promotion on the basis of selection on merit from amongst PMS officers holding posts in BS-18 and having at least 12 years service against posts in BS-17 and above of which at least 04 years service should be in BS-18 after Prescribed Department Training/ Examination

Provincial Management Service PMS(BS-20)

100% by promotion on the basis of selection on merit from amongst PMS officers holding posts in BS-19 and having at least 17 years service against posts in BS-17 and above, of which at least 3 years service should be in BS-19 after Advance Training Course

Provincial Management Service PMS(BS-21)

100% by promotion on the basis of selection on merit from amongst PMS officers holding posts in BS-20 and having at least 22 years of service against posts in BS-17 and above of which at least two years of service should be in BS-20.

SCHEDULE-II
(See rule 3)
After allocating the share of the All Pakistan Unified Groups (APUG) officers as may be determined from time to time by the Competent Authority and the share of technical services in the Secretariat, the balance of the following posts in different grades shall form cadre strength of PMS in each grade-

1) PMS : BS-17 Section Officer / Deputy District Officer & other equivalent posts as per detail at Annex-Part(I).

2) PMS : BS-18 Deputy Secretary/District Officer & other equivalent posts as per detail at Annex- Part (II).

3) PMS : BS-19 Additional Secretary / Executive District Officer & other equivalent posts as per detail at Annex-Part (III).

4) PMS : BS-20 Secretary to Government of the Punjab/ District Coordination Officer & other equivalent posts as per detail at Annex-Part (IV).

5) PMS : BS-21 Secretary to Government of the Punjab / District Coordination Officer & other equivalent posts as per detail at Annex- Part (V).

NOTE: Share of technical services in the Secretariat posts shall be as under:-

i. SOs in the Secretariat 20%
ii. Deputy Secretaries in the Secretariat 20%
iii. Additional Secretaries in the Secretariat 20%

ANNEXURE-(PART-I)
(Posts in BS-17)

Sr. No. Name of the post % share of total posts

1) Section Officer 100%
2) Deputy District Officer (Revenue) 100%
3) Deputy District Officer (Consolidation 100%
4) Deputy District Officer (Coordination 100%
5) Deputy District Officer (Staff) with EDO (Revenue) 100%
6) Deputy District Officer (General) with DO (Revenue) 100%
7) Deputy District Officer (Colony) with DO (Revenue) 100%
8) Deputy District Officer (Registration) 100%
9) Deputy District Officer (HRM) 100%
10) Deputy District Officer (Finance) 100%
11) Deputy District Officer (Judicial) 100%
12) Tehsil Municipal Officer 20%
13) Other equivalent posts, as may be specified by the Government from time to time

ANNEXURE-(PART-II)
(Posts in BS-18)

1. District Officers:
(i) Revenue
(ii) Coordination
(iii) Human Resource Management
(iv) Finance
(v) Works and Services/Transport (Secretary, District Regional Transport Authority).
(vi) Planning
(vii) Literacy
(viii) Cooperative

2. Tehsil Municipal Officer.
3. Deputy Secretary in the Secretariat and Board of Revenue
4. Other equivalent posts, as may be specified by the Government from time to time.

ANNEXURE-(PART-III)
(Posts in BS-19)

1. Executive District Officers:
(i) Revenue
(ii) Finance & Planning
(iii) Community Development

2. Additional Secretary in the Secretariat 100%

3. Secretary (Revenue/Settlement & Rehabilitation), Board of Revenue, Punjab. 100%

4. Director, Land Records, Board of Revenue, Punjab. 100%

5. Settlement Officer. 100%

6. Tehsil Municipal Officer 45%

7. Other equivalent posts as may be specified by the Government from time to time.

ANNEXURE-(PART-IV)
(Posts in BS-20)

1. Secretary to Government of the Punjab 100%
2. District Coordination Officer
(one in each district of Punjab except City District) 100%

3. Member (Judicial), Board of Revenue at Rawalpindi. 100%

4. Other equivalent posts, as may be specified by the Government from time to time.

ANNEXURE-(PART-V)
(Posts in BS-21)

1. Additional Chief Secretary 100%
2. Chairman, Planning & Dev. Board 100%
3. Chairman, Chief Minister’s Inspection Team. 100%
4. 100%
5. Sr. Member/Member, Board of Revenue, Punjab/Chief Land Commissioner/Relief Commissioner 100%
6. District Coordination Officer, City District. 100%
7. Other equivalent posts, as may be specified by the Government from time to time.