View Single Post
Old Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sabah Hunzai is on a distinguished road

really good attempt,
while going through your essay, i found few gramatical slips and structural imbalances.

just a food for thought,

can we go beyond the period of time you identified for tracing the roots of extremism in pakistan. you are true in pointing out that the talibanisation has its roots in the soviet invasion in afghanistan and pakistan's foreign policy as an align with US to expel her.
but in case of extremism....
I think in response to modernity two approaches were emerged in the whole of Muslim world, one favoring to adjust with modernity and the other to repel it as against Islam. the later has still roots in Pakistan, they regard modernity as a western anti-Islamic conspiracy. they are not merely fundamentalists, they intend to impose the same on others. this nostalgia can well be traced from the period of western imperialism. In the case of pakistan the same two ideological stances can be seen from the early period. just reflect over the crisis for making a constitution for newly emerged country from 1947-1956. ideological clashes, a group favoring for a secular democratic state and other for theocracy.

this is my perception, you have right to disagree.

regards