View Single Post
Old Thursday, March 18, 2010

fahadfa is on a distinguished road

i usually make my notes/files in MS-Word doc files. I want to post the contents of the files i make on this website. But as i see there is no way to post files on this website!!! Do you have any email address to which I can send my files, so that you can post them here on this website? Please let me know the email address!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engineer Afridi View Post

Beside about question number 1, they have asked about who was the first saint who came to Lahore, not Indo-Pakistan.
Ali Hajweyri is the same person as Data Gunj Baksh. Gunj was born in 1009 near Ghazni when Mahmud of Ghazni was ruling. Gunj came and settled in Lahore much after the death of Mahmood of Ghazni during the later Ghaznavids empire, probably when the Ghaznavid capital was Lahore and not Ghazni.

But i have been to Data Gunj Baksh's tomb and very near him is buried BiBi Paak Daman. People say that Bibi Paak Daaman came to Lahore even before Gunj, so this means that obviously Gunj was not the first person to come to Lahore.

I have myself done this MCQ wrong, but as far as my knowledge goes, Sheikh Ismail came to Lahore during the time when Lahore was under non-Muslim occupation, sometime before Mahmood of Ghazni and after the Arab conquest of Sindh. So probably the correct answer is Sheikh Ismail!

Hope i be of some help!

Ali Hajweri is the same person as Data Gunj Baksh. But Ali MAKHDOOM Hajweri is different from Gunj!!!!!

Fahad F. A.

Last edited by Mumtaz Hayat Maneka; Thursday, March 18, 2010 at 02:10 AM. Reason: Merged!