View Single Post
Old Sunday, April 04, 2010

terminator will become famous soon enough
Wink Secret of impressive writing revealed!!!!!!!!

An impressive piece of writing is a perfect edifice of rhythmic word collections, proverbs/sayings and phrasal verbs. For the first part, you need to master vocabulary with synonyms and create a cross-connection of mutually sounding words in your mind to use them whenever required. Your ideas should put on the garb of beautifully sounding words leaving lasting impression on the reader's/listener's mind.
I find the following books/audio books extremely helpful in developing an exceptional vocabulary and an impressive style.
1. Verbal Advantage (all levels) (PDF books and audios are available on net)
2. Two-word verbs (PDF book is available on net)
3. All clear! idioms in context (pdf and mp3 files are available on net)
4. Phrasal verbs in context (macmillan series) (pdf+mp3 are available)
5. Word Smart (I&II) (pdf+audios are available on net)
6. 15000 useful phrases (pdf is available on net)
7. Barron's 550 words you need to know (pdf+mp3 available on net)
8. 1100 words you need to know (book available on net)

Try to digest all this material and you will witness a tangible improvement in your writing as you crawl on the lessons.
I invite the input of Babakhan on this because I deem his writing flawlessly impressive.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terminator For This Useful Post:
iron guy (Monday, June 28, 2010), maha4799 (Monday, May 30, 2011), nageen (Wednesday, April 07, 2010), Qaiserks (Monday, April 05, 2010), Riaz Ahmed Alizai (Sunday, May 23, 2010), Shooting Star (Monday, June 21, 2010), spaksarzameen (Sunday, April 04, 2010), zash (Sunday, April 04, 2010)