View Single Post
Old Saturday, June 24, 2006

kamran_younis is on a distinguished road
Smile A Divine Help????

Well my part of the story regarding Essay paper is bit strange.
On the night separating 26.5.2006 and May, 27th I could not sleep properly owing to the tension of the hectic day ahead ( I had to go to Islamabad from Attock). I woke up at 2:45 a.m., offered my Tahajjad prayer, switched on the computer, connected to net, opened wikipedia and without any prior intention whatsoever, I specifically searched the topic…………..”GLOBAL WARMING”.
I don’t know whether it was an intuition or what, but it proved good for me.
I knew much about Global Warming, but not enough to dwell upon the topic for 100 marks. However the internet provided me with loads of very specific, technical and important information. And it’s because of my use of internet that particular morning, that I had much material regarding the topic. I didn’t have to beat about the bush and wrote on it very specifically and accurately.
I started with a quotation, and then gave a brief description of the issue.
The I mentioned what are the effects of global warming (immediate and long term effects e.g disturbance in the thermohaline circulation etc etc etc ).
Next came the various threats of global warming (again immediate and long term threats).
I also mentioned few positives of the issue.
Next step was to identify the factors which contribute to the global warming (green house effect, CFC gases, Ozone depletion, natural sources etc).
It was also pertinent to identify the major culprits (the industrialized countries, according to the level of their contribution).
And to cap it all up, I suggested the measures to stem the slide (umpteen suggestions can be given).
In the end I mentioned the global concern over the issue, described this issue in the historical backdrop up to the Kyoto Protocol.
And then ended the discussion with optimism.
I won’t claim that I did marvelous job, but I think it was a reasonably good attempt. I attempted whole heartedly, and I leave the rest to ALLAH Almighty.
And I wish all of you, very best of luck.