View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 02, 2010
Provincial Civil Service
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: PMS / PCS Award: Serving PMS / PCS (BS 17) officers are eligible only. - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 2,335 Times in 569 Posts
Xeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdomXeric is a bearer of wisdom

I agree with Javed Iqbal. On Oct 7, 1958 President Iskandar Mirza imposed Martial Law with the help of army, abrogated Constitution of 1956 and appointed General Ayub Khan as Chief Martial Law Administrator. However, Ayub Khan arrested Iskandar Mirza after one week, exiled him to Britain and assumed all the powers. Although imposition of that Martial Law is referred to Iskandar Mirza, practically it was successful due to the help of army and the then army chief was Ayub Khan, that’s why First Martial in Pakistan is attributed to Ayub Khan.
Gohar Arslan (Sunday, November 15, 2015)