View Single Post
Old Monday, June 26, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

@ Muskan Ghuman,

About 'leadership' --- and 'institutions'....

We people do so much effort in understanding the affairs of our country and about its relationships with external world ... for what purpose ....???? Just to become sub-ordinates of our political leaders, most of whom are less educated than us.....????

And about Institutions:

We have such institutions as legislative assemblies, bureaucracy and Judiciary .... Who has made these institutions...???? We have not made .... We just have copied them from West. I can see no logic in this type of system of institutions.

There are no criteria as to the level of competency for the members of legislative assemblies. But there are very hard criteria as to the level of competency for the entry in Bureaucracy and Judiciary.

Role of legislative assemblies is to formulate the policies whereas role of bureaucracy and judiciary is just to implement those policies.

Logically, more competent persons should formulate the policies and less competent persons should implement those policies. More and more know-how and intellectual skill is actually required for making the policies. But what is going on practically? Policy makers do not possess any in depth knowledge about internal or external affairs of country. We people often see that some of our political leaders get their articles published in newspapers. First of all most of those articles lack any kind of solid analysis. Secondly I know some ‘professional’ columnists who actually write those columns for those political personalities and in this way newspapers then publish those columns in the names of those political personalities.

So this is the level of competency of our leaders. And we are trying hard to become sub-ordinates of this type of leaders.

Actually very high level competency test should be required for the entry in legislative assemblies so that members of these assemblies may be able to formulate realistic, calculated and more beneficial policies for the country.

Bureaucrats can be dug minded because their role is just to implement the policies. Bureaucrat must be able enough to just rightly understand whatever has been directed to him through the written policies. He is not to make any policy. So any person who cannot write analytical English essay should not be denied of entry in bureaucracy. But a bureaucrat must be able to rightly understand the policies written in English. So he must be good in ‘paragraph comprehension’. He may have to just convey the policies to his own sub-ordinates, so he must be able enough to write English précis.

So why to become just policy implementers and why not to become policy formulators? Therefore we should try to enter in legislative assemblies also because we can formulate better policies than our existing leaders.

And what should be the strategy????

Since currently we can do it by following the existing procedures of Elections etc. So right strategy would be to choose that political party whose ideology is most closely similar to that of yours. Then instead of wasting time in this stupid CSS exam, try to elaborate your political ideology and other politics related points of views in the form of a comprehensive thesis work. Then approach the leaders of your chosen political party and try to convince them about the usefulness of your political ideas. Also tell them how can you make your points of views popular among the people i.e. voters. In this way try to get party ticket for election and launch your election campaign in more systematic way. Make more public speeches than any other political leader. Present the usefulness of your proposed policies in such a manner in which general public may better understand. So this can be my tip to become a leader.

@ Tabbasum,

I agree with you. I said our institutions are ‘strong’ in just a ‘tanzia’ manner. But I am still in favour of positive (not negative – as under some pressure etc.) role of ‘personalities’.