Thread: Life in FSP
View Single Post
Old Sunday, May 16, 2010
36th Common
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2007

scorpsshadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Q1. I have heard that new officers dont go on language courses anymore. Is it true? If it is then please tell me who gets to go where and how?
New officers do go on foreign language course, rather its sort of compulsory now..yes but new rule is that u can only go after passing your final passing out exam....but that also u do tend to pass , after u do it takes almost 10-12 months then to go to language course

Quote:
Q2. What is the rule about serving in country and going abroad? I mean how many years of living in Pakistan and how many abroad? Do you guys feel the same difficulties in getting assignments and posting abroad (I m talking about political influence etc. )
....No specific rule, depends on the posts available and availability of officers, normally 3 years out and then same in pakistan or it can be 6 years out and 3 here .. as i said no specific period or rule....

Quote:
Q3. What is your starting salary and how much do u get abroad?
Starting salary is same as of other officers of grade 17 like something basic about 9000+ .. and abroad i am not quite sure but its almost 1200 dollars for 3rd secretary

Quote:
Q4. Plus is there any rule that if u have done your language course in some African language then you would never be posted in Europe?
...nothing like that....normally u get posted all over world but u can expect more postings in those regions where that language is spoken

Quote:
Q5. What facilities do u get abroad and back at home?
already mentioned....same as grade 17..... medical and house rent etc... abroad u do tend to get house, medical facilities, free education fr 2 children upto 18 years etc
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to scorpsshadow For This Useful Post:
Aamish Bhatti (Saturday, November 10, 2012), DR ZHIVAGO (Sunday, October 30, 2011), dr.ali.zaidi (Monday, May 17, 2010), jadoon khan (Sunday, May 16, 2010), Mz89 (Wednesday, December 14, 2011), Saad Khan (Tuesday, May 18, 2010), Saleha Jamil (Saturday, August 30, 2014), Shooting Star (Sunday, May 16, 2010), Stunner (Friday, August 13, 2010)