View Single Post
Old Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no 8261

Yawer Baloch is on a distinguished road
Default My Belated Interview Posting

In my opinion, there is no set pattern for CSS Interview. They can ask anything they want to. NO guess can work out here. So what have you been preparing so far, just try to sum it up. Get the gist of everything you have prepared.
I have already commented on my interview and the attitude of the panel towards the candidates.
My interview went in this way. it was on 14th April and it lasted for 30 mins..

Mr. Chairman:
CM: why decreasing Interest rates, brings inflation down?
CM: Some economist suggest, low interest rates also contribute to low economic activity?
CM: how could decreasing petrol prices will bring down inflation?
CM: isn't it a good source of generating revenue?
CM: You are a lecturer in Education Department, and MA urdu, What does this couplet mean?
"na tha kuchch to KHuda tha, kuchch na hota to KHuda hota
duboya mujhko hone ne, na hota maiN to kya hota ?" (Urdu)
CM: Why Urdu is not adopted as Official Language? (Urdu or may be he asked this question because of my job)
CM: what do you know about the glorious period of Islam in Spain, Baghdad, and Syria? (Islamic History)
CM: why did Tariq Bin Ziad burn his boats? (Islamic History)
I was thinking why he was asking so simple questions????

Mr. Asif Shah:
AS: what does this mean "Non-Linear Video Editing" (My Hobby)
AS: Do you have any intention for joining film or TV industry as a video editor?
AS: What are the characteristics of a good Journalist? (Journalism)
AS: What do you say about Social Justice in Pakistani perspective? (Sociology)
AS: What sectors contribute to National GDP?
AS: percentage of Agriculture, Services Sector?
AS: What are the Eastern Border and Western Border problems of Pakistan?
AS: Why there is a trust deficit between Pakistan and India on various Issues?
AS: Name the reasons that hinder the confidence building measures?
AS: What steps has government taken for the empowerment of women in Pakistan?
AS: What is the percentage of women representation in Local Government system?
AS: What do you favor, a Unipolar, Bipolar or a Multi-polar world?
AS: How would you justify a Bipolar or Multi-polar world?
AS: why China's economy is growing faster than other economies? Name the sectors and reasons?
AS: What are the Global Emerging Powers? (I replied BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India, and China))
AS: Turkey is another emerging global power.

Mr. Sohail Safder:
SS: What is Central Government's Share in Implemented NFC Award?
SS: What it would be in next NFC Award?(2010-2011,and 2011-2014)
SS: What is the Share of Balochistan province in New NFC Award? (1st question regarding my province)
SS: Your 1st preference is Foreign Service. Do you have any ideal Diplomat in your mind? (Tariq Fatimy)
SS: What is Diplomacy?
SS: How do you define a diplomat?
SS: What is Lisbon Treaty?
SS: What is the designation of the Foreign Minister or the person who deals in foreign affairs of the European Union? Name the Designation.
( I knew she was Catherine Ashton, but I didn't know what her designation was.I said sorry. so he told me that she was called High Representative ( I thanked him))
SS: EU bloc is so strong and united on economic front, why they are not united on political affairs?
Mr. Sohail Safder asked me a question but i couldn't understand it. he repeated it 2 times but i said sorry to him that i was unable to grasp the question he was asking me.(my 2nd and last dropped question)
There were many counter questions regarding Eropean Union, I can't remember them. He countered my answers many times and i kept on my arguments on EU issues. It was some kind of detailed discussion on intra-EU relations.

Mr. Saud Gohar:
SG: Why Balochistan package was rejected by Baloch Nationalist? (2nd and last question regarding Balochistan).
SG: Why PM of Israel was given a Cold Welcome in the US?
SG: What were the main 3 Pakistani demands in recent Strategic Talks with US?
SG: How so far the US has succeeded in convincing India to talk with Pakistan?
(there were some questions regarding US-Iran Tension and India-China relations and their impact on Pakistan,sorry guys I could not remember them.)

Note: the reason I posted my interview so late is that I thought it was just an ordinary interview and I was thinking that they had just passed time with me.I used to think that candidates from Balochistan will be asked more than 50% questions from Balochistan. and since I am a Baloch, I had in my mind that my interview would surely revolve around the Baloch Insurgency. The situation proved totally opposite. So I would suggest other candidates that do no have any set pattern regarding CSS interview. You can be asked about anything. Thanks God! I had been reading on international Affairs. (Thanks to my buddy "Salman Hanif Khan for discussing various international issues" daily Dawn, The Dawn News, The Economist and BBC Urdu Service)
Artemis (Friday, May 21, 2010), imama (Wednesday, May 19, 2010), kashifilyas (Wednesday, January 26, 2011), naila kanval (Thursday, May 20, 2010), saba sattar (Wednesday, May 19, 2010), Sajid Sadeem (Thursday, May 20, 2010), sehrishkhan123 (Sunday, May 23, 2010), Shooting Star (Thursday, May 20, 2010)