View Single Post
Old Friday, June 30, 2006
34th Commons (PAAS)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: Qamar Riaz.........Merit 124....Audit and Account--CSS 2005Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

QamarCheema is a jewel in the roughQamarCheema is a jewel in the roughQamarCheema is a jewel in the rough
Default We need change!!!!

Dear SONIA
Thanks for your comments about my name, I appreciate your such an intelligent and impressive analysis about my name…..And offcourse I can understand your vulnerability!

We are a nation loaded with ordeal of gloomy anecdote of Civil Services of Pakistan stretching over 60 years. There is no qualm about the great services rendered by Servants of Pakistan initially; they ran the country with extreme professionalism and dedication. But followed by the epoch when due to these great servants, Pakistan ascended to Sixth position in corruption theater. Change was inevitable since they have been exposed due to their own feats. There are very little on their credits now. Police and DMG people who wielded enormous powers in recent past were the Nero kings of the Districts. But can you count the number of cities which can be shown as an example of their professionalism*. Bribery, Dishonesty, Preferential treatment, Self Serving decision making, Leg Pulling, Monopoly and lack of professionalism are the hall marks of our great officers with very few exceptions.
However, I am not by all means in favor of a dictator, but I am not also with these politicians or bureaucrats. I am skipping military role and politics of our feudals to save the direction of our discussion. I am in favor of change, we have experimented old civil services system and found it unsuitable due to numerous flaws that upshot certain traits as mentioned above. Every society evolutes in order to survive in the existence race, old traditions get obsolete, new paradigms materialize and reforms happen to accommodate new realities. Change was due, and it does not matter who did it, this was inevitable. I accept, there are flaws in current system and it needs evolutionary development. Actually there is a rift on authorities and privileges, not on responsibilities.
As for as MNC mania is concerned, World Financial Institutes have invested in your social sector development palns i.e Police reforms, with a promise of their share in GDP, since they know that if there is an amelioration in a society, there will be more business and increase in GDP and so there share will be improved, it is a solid and transparent business investment. Police reforms or civil services reform will definitely expedite the things towards swift logical conclusion. You can smell the aroma of change around yourself with flavors of certain new improved systems, NADRA, NEPRA, PEMRA, PTA, NLA, PSPCC. Now they are working on corporate styles, autonomous, self generation of funds, and fair decision making. Due to this as one example you get you Id Card within days which was otherwise a months story. Corporate culture has proved its strength everywhere. What is wrong if an Auditor or Revenue officer holds a Business Administration Degree that will definitely improve his professionalism and skills, since he is deeply involved in finance affairs that demand his clutch on certain tools of financial management?

I think we need some more discussion regarding "What we actually need in the system" not on the question "Who is doing this"
I hope people will contribute their valuable comments on the topic.
Waiting
Qamar
__________________________________________________ __________
[*One day I was visiting an SSP office, there was an old trodden woman, mother of murdered Son crying “Mujay Insaaf Chaheiay” Our custodian a man in uniform with an oath, a Police officer answered “BB Yehan koi insaaf nahin milta, Dafa ho jao”. It was not a bolt from blue for me since I was also pursuing the case of my cousin who was murdered back in 90s and yet we did not receive justice due to these great servants of Pakistan. And there are countless examples of their attitudes which eventually resulted in a hatred among masses. People actually dont have any soft corners for them]

Last edited by QamarCheema; Friday, June 30, 2006 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Missing text