View Single Post
Old Sunday, June 27, 2010
Qualifier: Awarded to those Members who cleared css written examination - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Roll no. 2638Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason: Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason:

Thanked 3,870 Times in 1,441 Posts
Raz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant futureRaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telesilla View Post
I want to know what people say, when they are asked about why they want to join a particular organization?What can be a positive reply?
Your ultimate aim should be a common interest. Your reply should offer advantage to that organization along with your career objectives and growth prospective. If your reply concentrates only on the benefit of organization it may give an impression of irrationality / unrealistic/ flattering flavor just for the sake of hunting job without any workable idea. If your reply concentrates only on your self interest and your own growth / development that reply may give a feeling of less loyal but self centered employee who may switch too often and create a temporarily trouble in terms of employee turnover. Mature organizations do not like higher attrition ratio. So strike a balance between organizational goals and your own objectives for a pragmatic reply. Such reply is appreciated by each employer.

Try to know some positive as well as negative points of that organization.

You should appreciate those positive points and make them feel that these are the motivating factors for you. Based on your qualification and relevant experience provide them some workable solutions or ideas for the weak areas of the organization and shape them as challenges for you. Convince them that I believe organizational development leads to individual / employee development. So I consider these challenges as opportunities to invest my skills and bring about a mutual development.
Try to form a link between organizational goals and your career objectives. Find out some common points in your acquired qualification / skills / experiences and job nature.
Links may be constructed through different avenues like: Stakeholders of that organization, its supply chain (suppliers, raw material), customers, products, regulators, competitors etc.

Some of the points in reply may be as follows:

Ψ This organization provides diversified work opportunities in a conducive working environment. Diversification in work keeps my learning curve alive. And challenging tasks are worth working tasks for me.

Ψ I have brought this and this……………………..qualification and certifications. Along with these relevant certifications I have fetched this n this………………….relevant experience. With such qualification and experience I find this organization the best place to work for the mutual benefit.

Ψ XYZ is a dynamic organization which provides best opportunity for career development. Training and learning opportunities of WYZ are really motivating factors for me. It offers conducive working environment and transparent career growth lines.

Ψ It offers relatively lucrative job opportunity along with better employee retention policies.

Ψ Nature of work suites me better. My qualification and my previous experience are better suited in this organization.

Ψ As this organization is in its development stage, I find ample opportunities for efficient work and growth. XYzeee are the areas which need extra efforts where I can be an asset for this organization and can rise to the heights of my career path.

These were some hints to articulate an impressive reply. You can think of various other points as well and can club some points to satisfy the interviewer.

Regards
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Raz For This Useful Post:
Descendant of Saul (Sunday, November 04, 2012), jadoon khan (Sunday, June 27, 2010), Mahi Khursheed (Tuesday, March 22, 2016), MeemMujahid (Saturday, December 27, 2014), navera88 (Thursday, July 22, 2010), renny (Sunday, November 04, 2012), student (Monday, December 30, 2013), Tassawur (Monday, November 25, 2013), Telesilla (Monday, June 28, 2010)