View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

I M Possible will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Islam, Democracy and Good Governance

Islam, Democracy and Good Governance

Well Khuram i must say that you provided me food for thought. I read your fulfledged article and now i am compiling my words to produce a workable reply. When i was talking about Islamic democracy, the points (that you mentioned now) came to my mind but i replied myself by saying that Islam is a modern religion, it allows positive changes for keeping the pace with time so if principles of modern democracy should be added to the real Islamic democracy then we can have a real Islamic democratic government in Pakistan who would be very much able to govern the country bestly.

No doubt, the things you write about Islamic Caliphats are correct. You have sketched the true picture of Islamic democracy. But i think it was okay for those times because at those time Muslims were in minority and they were united. It was a nation who impressed others in a workable way. Muslims ruled over SA (South Asia) for long. Their rule was a lively example for the world. People had faith in them. The muslim rulers were loyal to their government, they were enthuisiastic and they had zeal and furror to fight against enemies. History tells us that the day muslims forgot the prestigious principles of Islam, their decline started.

"Democracy is the government of the people, by the people and for the people."

........Abraham Lincoln.

This is a modern definition of democracy and we should follow it because it is true to bits. As Khuram said that only intellectuals should be involved in decision making process to elect from the polititians. But i think pakistani people had already given countless chances to the polititians to rule over pakistan then why they should not be listned once more time? They always found some caliber in politicians so they offered them to govern but politicians failed due to some reasons.

This is a modern world and no government can move forward without listening to the people so they should be listened. May be they are not that much capable of electing the government but its their country and they have the right to vote. A number of countries have stable democratic governments. But they are stable becuse they are loyal to their countires. Loyality matters a lot.

For Pakistan it seems like a dream to have a functional democratic government. People of Pakistan want democracy in Pakistan because they are fed up with four military coups. But they have to bear with the situation because politicians failed to hold a good democratic government because sometimes they try to be very much Islamic and sometimes they cant hold the government properly. Whatever the case may be but one thing is clear that military rule become the fate of Pakistanis.

I will conclude by saying that other countries have decent democratic systems, if Pakistan is intrested to develop a good democratic government and if Pakistan really want good governance then it should prefer today's Islamic democracy keeping all those old Islamic governments in considerations we should built a democratic government in Pakistan with the help of modern democracy. There is nothing wrong in adopting good principles of other nations because they also adopted our golden principles to walk on the glorious road of success. Principles of Islam and modern democracy should be amalgamated for the sake of good governance in Pakistan.

Thanks
Regards
neha rana (Sunday, March 06, 2011)