View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road

Well, Thanks for comments..

First of all what about those defects in modern democratic system which I had pointed out while discussing the nature of Mr. Nawaz Sharif's policies...???

I am having honest opinion that general people have no direct concern with the affairs of government. Their decisions to vote are based on slogans and propaganda type things and their decisions to vote are not based on any solid thing like any critical evaluation of personality of candidate or any solid assessment about the policies of governments etc.

Decision to vote must be based on solid analysis and evaluation. Since all citizens of country cannot perform such solid analysis and evaluation, so all the citizens should not be given the right to vote.

But at the same time, citizens have not been disregarded by me. Whoever wants to get the right to vote ... he/she must prove himself/herself for this VERY RESPONSIBLE right. I am not denying the right to vote to any one. But one must prove that one knows sufficient about the affairs of government. Only then one would be considered to be eligible to be entitled this right. This is a basic mistake which has been committed by the modern democracy. I can see no solid wisdom behind Ibraham Lincoln's definition of democracy. If I am a truck driver and my daily activities have no concern with the affairs of government then it means that I can give no solid suggesstion or proposal regarding what government should do are which policy government should adopt. What would be the role of my vote? It would be such a foolish advice which shall be given undue weitage and importance and the next government shall be formed partially on the basis of my foolish advice.

But now consider that I am the same truck driver. But now I have developed interest in knowing about the affairs of government. Now I want that my opinion also be considered in the government affairs. Then I should struggle to join the class of that 'think tank' which I have referred in my previous post. I should compete with others and should prove my compitence. Once my compitency has been proved and I have become member of 'think tank', than I will be entitled to vote in elections. Now my vote would not be any foolish advice but it would be an 'expert' advice. Government affairs are not child play and so they should be based on 'expert' advices. After becoming the member of 'think tank', I will continue to doing the job of truck driver. But in addition, now onward I will be bound to submit my 'expert' opinions regarding various governmental decisions and policies to the forum of all the members of 'think tank'. Activities of 'think tank' would be under the monitoring of the top officials of government. So if my 'expert' opinions are found out to be sub-standard, or if I do not regularly submit my opinions, then my membership would be liable to be cancelled.

Only those individuals should vote who are really competent to vote. But every citizen must be allowed to try to prove his/her competency.

In such type of system, there would be no need of ispiring strategies like propaganda, slogans... but there shall be the definite need of solid stategies like achievements of stated objectives, improvements in various socio-economic sectors etc. etc. Because members of 'think tank' shall evaluate this type of things in their analysis as well as decision to vote.
neha rana (Sunday, March 06, 2011)