View Single Post
Old Tuesday, July 06, 2010
38th CTP (ITG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 62

Bilal Zamir is on a distinguished road

@ hotangeleyes

British History was best understood by me by reading PC Thomas and Southgate before making any notes. I just read these books like a novel at first. Later, I answered the objectives of past papers and then I started to answer the past paper questions. I did this for the previous five years past papers and then found that most of the questions I had answered were repeated quite often. This repetition really helped me.

Actually many question topics are repeated but in different words. This is good if you can comprehend the changes in past paper questions. The British History topics are the same. Wordings of the questions are changed in some papers.

Also, you must remember to follow the following format when answering any question in British History paper:

1- Hit the question's main theme in the starting line of your answer. Don't beat about the bush.

2- Explain (preferably with a map if relevant),

3- Give your own critical analysis briefly at the end.

Lastly, a nice friend taught me how to draw maps. Maps are extremely essential in British History, and are the key to securing extra ordinary marks.

Last edited by Andrew Dufresne; Tuesday, July 06, 2010 at 10:55 AM.