View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 08, 2010

camran will become famous soon enough
Default How to start preparation for Sociology?

Aoa Folks

I want to appear in 2011 CSS exams. Sociology is one of my optionals. I have selected some books as well like Horton and Hunt, Shankar Roa etc. I want to ask some questions to give me a head start in the preparation.

1. How do i start preparation? This is because in the Syllabus, the topics mentioned are very generic. So one approach can be to look at the past papers and make a list of the important topics, then after that, come to other topics. Other approach can be to start preparing topic wise from different books and attempt the past papers in the end. Please suggest which way i should choose and why?

2. Should i make notes. Now i am asking this question every where because if you look at the interviews of different people who qualified, they say that notes are must. Whereas people have recommended me not to make notes for subjects like EDS, short notes for Current Affairs. What do you suggest for Sociology??? Any alternatives???

3. I am thinking of giving dedicated days to each subject. So keeping in mind that i am consulting 3-4 books, in how much time i should be able to cover this subject fully??

4. Any tips in general... (for preparation or paper attempting)???

Waiting for your replies.