View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 08, 2010

camran will become famous soon enough
Default How to start Preparation for IR?

Aoa Folks

I want to appear in 2011 CSS exams. This is my first time and i have graduated recently in Information Technology. IR one of my optionals.

I have selected some books as well which most people recommended in this forum. I want to ask some questions to give me a head start in the preparation.

1. How do i start preparation? How to start? Where to start?Should i look at the past papers first? Should i go topic wise? How to incorporate stuff from newspapers and stuff from books together? Also please honestly tell the role of past papers???

2. Should i make notes. Its really important for me to know. If you look at the "Arena of Golden tips " Section, nearly every CSP recommends notes making. Now some people have recommended me not to make notes for EDS (just highlight imp. points) and take short notes for Current Affairs? Should i make notes for this subject? If yes, then how..... Any other alternative?? I want all of you to reply to this query specially

3. Keeping in mind that i am consulting 3-4 books, in how much time i should be able to cover this subject fully??

4. How and where can this paper help in Current Affairs or essays?? How can i prepare so that it helps in CA???

5. Any tips in general... (for preparation or paper attempting)???

Waiting for your reply

P.S: I have posted similar queries in forums of Sociology, Journalism, Islamic Studies and Muslim Law. If you can recommend me there, please do.