View Single Post
Old Friday, July 09, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason:

Miss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura aboutMiss_Naqvi has a spectacular aura about
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate View Post
thanx for the valuable analysis....

i want to have ur opinion about the DONTs that u have mentioned. Actually i appeared twice with political science as optional subject.i have interest in it but most people are advising me to change it with some scoring subject.No doubt it is generally a low scoring subject but the problem is that i have read it for 2 years now and changing it with another subject will again require putting a lot of effort..

Well i may feel comfortable with pol-science but do you think it is worth a try in my last attempt..
Desperate first of all be a positive person and never use the words like desperate, hopeless, panic for your identity. As you are preparing for CSS and you must know that it has a very important component that is psychological test so, you have to shape yourself as a balanced personality.

Now come to your question; you have to keep few things in your mind before changing your subject.
  1. How much you scored in your last 2 attempts?
  2. Was it a low scoring subject for you although your preparation was excellent.
  3. 1st January 2011 is the tentative date for upcoming CSS exam so do you find yourself able to prepare a new subject and then wait for luck to help you out?
  4. How much chances are there that new subject will be proving high scoring subject for you?

I hope after answering these questions you will be able to take a better decision. Keep in mind 1 thing if you are well prepared and know the techniques to score good you can make a difference. Let me give you my own example that I have done MSc Applied Psychology and my score in Psychology was just 108 marks although I owe great expertise in it. On the other hand my score was 118 in History of Indo-Pak that I had never studied before and had least interest being science student throughout my academic career. The simple reason for the above presented fact is my effort. I was over-confident about Psychology as I thought its my own subject so its not a hard nut to crack. While History of Indo-Pak was a new choice so I made some efforts for scoring well. I have seen many candidates who study Psychology just because of their interest and score around 150. It donot happen because its scoring subject but for the hard work and effort invested by a candidate.

Journalism is highly scoring subject but I have seen students fail in it. So there is no concept of high scoring or low scoring there is just one concept and its combination of hard work, dedication, devotion and commitment. There exist some generalities as well that few subjects like pure science are less scoring while regional languages are high scoring.

Now listen to your own head and heart what you should opt for and I hope you will be able to reach a concrete decision.
(KanWaL) (Saturday, July 10, 2010), Afaque59 (Tuesday, December 12, 2017), ArsalanRasheed (Thursday, September 06, 2018), Azch (Saturday, August 06, 2011), desperate (Tuesday, July 13, 2010), gourgeous15 (Friday, July 30, 2010), J R Orakzai (Tuesday, December 18, 2012), Khan Nasar (Wednesday, August 01, 2012), NNazir (Saturday, July 02, 2011), shahzeb22 (Saturday, November 10, 2012), smashah (Thursday, August 26, 2010), usman munir (Wednesday, November 23, 2011), Waqas77 (Saturday, August 28, 2010)