View Single Post
Old Friday, July 09, 2010
42nd CTP (PAS)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 130

Silent.Volcano is a glorious beacon of lightSilent.Volcano is a glorious beacon of lightSilent.Volcano is a glorious beacon of lightSilent.Volcano is a glorious beacon of lightSilent.Volcano is a glorious beacon of light

W'salam

Quote:
1. How do i start preparation? This is because in the Syllabus, the topics mentioned are very generic. So one approach can be to look at the past papers and make a list of the important topics, then after that, come to other topics. Other approach can be to start preparing topic wise from different books and attempt the past papers in the end. Please suggest which way i should choose and why?
First of all,it is easier to make parts of the subject.as far as sociology is concerned,there are generally 4 parts of the subject

1. Sociologists
2. Sociological Concepts
3. Social Problems of Pakistan
4. Social Research

a) Go through the Past Papers and sort out the Important Topics and Make a list.

b) Most importantly, Study the Social Research part.
c) Then the basic sociological concepts.

d) After completing sociological concepts start doing Social Problems of Pakistan.

e) In the end, come to the Sociologists Part and learn about the contributions of Sociologists.

Quote:
2. Should i make notes. Now i am asking this question every where because if you look at the interviews of different people who qualified, they say that notes are must. Whereas people have recommended me not to make notes for subjects like EDS, short notes for Current Affairs. What do you suggest for Sociology??? Any alternatives???
It purely depends upon your choice.if you are consulting 2-3 books then you should make notes for your ease.because During examination you will not get enough time to revise from 2-3 books in a jiffy.

if you are studying from a single book you can highlight or mark the important points.However, if you dont want to make notes then you can write the important points from another book on a single book which contains enough material for a subject.

Quote:
3. I am thinking of giving dedicated days to each subject. So keeping in mind that i am consulting 3-4 books, in how much time i should be able to cover this subject fully??
I dont know how much time you give to your Studies.But if you give 6 hours on average you can complete it in a week.

Quote:
4. Any tips in general... (for preparation or paper attempting)???
Sociology is all about our society.when you are studying a topic think about the related events in our society.it will help you to take examples from your Society.which you can quote in your questions.it will leave a good impression on the examiner.

it is better to study a single Best book 5-6 times than studying 5-6 books once.it is my personal suggestion.People usually study 3-4 books for a subject it is also good approach.but do whatever you find easy and understandable.

Regards
Quebec Alpha (Monday, July 01, 2019)