View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 29, 2010
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Need Urgent Help regarding Psychological Schools

Greeting everyone! I have started studying psychology. The first topic that i want to cover is Schools Psychology. Although, i have been studying many books including Zimbardo, Feldman and Intro to Psy. by Atkinson & Hilgard for past five days but I am unable to finish this section.
The problem that i am facing here is that I know about all the school and what they stand for but i have been unsuccessful in solving past 10 year questions from it. For Example
  • 2002: How BEHAVIOURISM differs from earlier schools of psychology? What were the main objections of the Gestalt Psychologists about Behaviorists?
Now her I know that behaviorism is different from structuralism, functionalism and Gastalt as former states that our behavior is moulded by our environment but i DONT know the objections of Gastalt psychologist about it!
  • 2003: What makes STRUCTURALISM stand out as different from other schools and how it fits in recent trends in psychology? Discuss.
Similarly i dont know how structuralism fits in the recent trends in psychology? and by asking to differential structuralism from other school, is the examiner asking to do comparison with historical school or current prospects or both. How should I answer a question like this?? i m utterly confused
  • 2004: Describe the aims and methods of STRUCTURALISM and FUNCTIONALISM.
I know the philosophy of Structuralism but what does examiner mean by Aims and Methods???
  • 2005: Comment on RECENT TRENDS IN PSYCHOLOGY, as viewed by BEHAVIOURISTS.
I know what behavioral school stands for but I couldnt find the RECENT TRENDS IN PSYCHOLOGY, as viewed by BEHAVIOURISTS.
  • 2006: Comment on RECENT TRENDS IN PSYCHOLOGY, duly supported by factual data.
By recent trends, does he mean the currents 6 perspectives or something else?? and i wonder where could i get hold of Factual data as its not in the chapters of any of my 3 books

Similar are these questions which are big question mark for me albeit i have gone through the respective chapter of all 3 books
  • 2006: Comment on RECENT TRENDS IN PSYCHOLOGY, duly supported by factual data.
  • 2001: Critically evaluate different schools and systems of psychology, Discuss their status in Contemporary Psychology

I would request the member here to please draw a sketch out line for the above question and if possible then try to explain a bit as well. And I would be thankful to members like Deadly,doctor, DPO Larkana, Dr. Janxeb and other worthy member if they could please advise an effective strategy to complete Psychology satisfactorily with economy of time

Thanking you in anticipation
Dr. S.M.Ali