View Single Post
Old Thursday, July 29, 2010
38th CTP (MLCG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit 486

dr.ali.zaidi will become famous soon enough

First of all please accept my gratitude for helping me out. I m trying to prepare psychology from the syllabus provided by FPSC. I have taken out 20 days to get over with part I. Part I consists of following divisions.
  1. Definition and scope of Psychology: Psychology as a science of behaviour, Schools and Systems of Psychology, Recent trends in Psychology.
  2. Nervous System: Structure and functions of cells, Central and Peripheral Nervous System, Endocrine system
  3. Learning: Conditioning - classical and operant Reinforcement, Avoidance conditioning, Extinction, Discrimination learning, imprinting, Theories of learning, Verbal learning, Probability learning, Concept leaning, Perceptual learning, Transfer and interference, Motivational factors in learning, Readiness and individual differences in learning
  4. Nature of motives and emotions: Homeostasis, Biogenic and social Motives, Measurement of human motivation. Theories of motivation - Maslow, Lewin and Freud, Theories of emotion Role of endocrine glands, frustration and conflict.
  5. Nature of perceptual organization Perception of distance, Movement, Space. Depth, colour, Perceptual constancy, Effect of learning and motivation on perception. Senses viz. vision hearing and other senses, Perception and sensation, Determinations of perception (Needs, attitudes, sets, values, personality traits, emotional states, suggestion etc.).
  6. Nature and determinants of personality Factors in development of personality, Theories of personality, trait and types, Freudain, Neo Freudain, Murry, Allport, Cauel, Types of personality tests and their rationale.
  7. Socialization: Society and personality, Formation of opinions and attitudes, Prejudice.
  8. Structure and Functions of Group, Role status relations, Group norms, Group solidarity, Intergroup tension, International tension.

Now my plan is to give an understanding to all the sections by going through the books but my emphasis is more on the virtual university lectures. once i'd be done with the understanding part, then i'll prepare the question from 5 years. Out of 8 sections, i'd probably be leaving 2 to conserve the time and energies. Do you agree with this strategy of mine?? plus which 2 sections should i skip??
Plus tell me If you think that i should be going through all 3 books as well as the lectures of VU and handout or i should limit my study.

Regards

Dr.S.M.Ali