View Single Post
Old Monday, August 07, 2006

spiritless_conquest has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default Question no 8,CSS-2006.

well,i would like to add to something in the discussion unleashed by miss qur abt how the questions should have been attempted.
i would like to remain focused on analysing last question that had invited the analysis abt the political history presumably shaped by geography.this question,in my humble opinion,should have better been aatempted in following manner.

(1) complete geography and strategic location of pakistan especially with reference to its coastal line and the locations of neighbouring countries.something,not to mention,abt the facts that the neighbouring countries r recognised by.
(2) the interest of super powers during the cold war to woo pakistan in its camp that ultimately led the pakistani leader Liaquat Ali Khan to throw pakistan in western camp by acepting the invitation of president Harry S,Truman,s invitation to visit pakistan.afterwards,pakistan politics became personalized(as one of the topics of eesays suggested) by introducing the army rule in the country,fully supported by western power because of the fact that army regimes could serve American and European interests better than civil government could do.this lead to the formation of Rapid Deployment Force comprised of pakistani contingents in Ayub,s era to send immediately to volatile Middle East,the support of pakistan to anti soviet forces in zia,s era that shaped the political map of pakistan by allowing a dictator to remain in power for 11 years and making americans turn a blind eye to his regime.lastly,the war on terror and the legitamacy of musharaf,s regime.

(3)lastly,the analysis that volatile and strategically significant neighbours of pakistan sidelined the evolution of democratic regimes in pakistan,and highly centralised military regimes in power.

i would like readers to play a role of honest critics while commenting on my passage.