View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 15, 2010
Royal Queen of Literature
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: AppreciationModerator: Ribbon awarded to moderators of the forum - Issue reason: Best Moderator Award: Awarded for censoring all swearing and keeping posts in order. - Issue reason: Best ModMember of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: 2008Gold Medal: Awarded to those members with  maximum number of  reputation points. - Issue reason: For the year 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011Diligent Service Medal: Awarded upon completion of 5 years of dedicated services and contribution to the community. - Issue reason: More than 5 years of dedicated services

Thanked 15,848 Times in 5,006 Posts
Last Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardomLast Island is headed toward stardom

@industrious gal

We are discussing Fiqh (school of thought), not Firqa (sect).

Hafidhh Ibn Taymiyyah says that when a person begins to follow one particular Imam without any valid Islamic reason he begins to follow another Imam, he is actually following his own wishes and not the other Imam and this is Haraam. The great scholars have strongly discouraged for a person to sometimes follow the fiqh of Shafi’ee and at other times the fiqh of Abu Hanifah.

[ Fatwa Ibn Taymiyyah , Volume 20, Chapter of Taqleed ]

From Hafidhh Ibn Taymiyah’ Fatwa we have understood at one time we should follow one Imam and Taqleed is a necessity.

A person in the state of wudhu touches his wife. A person following the Shafie mazhab tells him that your wudhu is broken, therefore remake your wudhu. He replies No' I am a Muqallid of Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullah alay). According to him this does not cause the wudhu to break. I can read Salaat with this wudhu. Then this person vomits a mouth full. A person following the Hanafi Math'hab advises him to make wudhu as his wudhu has broken according to Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullah alay). This person replies that I am making taqleed of Imam Shafie (rahmatullah alay) (in this mas'ala) and according to Imam Shafie (rahmatullah alay) vomiting does not cause the wudhu to break. A person can read Salaat with such a wudhu. If this person reads his Namaaz with this wudhu then his Salaat will not be valid according to Imam Shafie (rahmatullah alay) and not according to Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullah alay). This is called Talfeeq and there is ijma and consensus of opinion that Talfeeq is baatil and, impermissible. In reality by doing this person does not make taqleed of either Imam Shafie (rahmatullah alay) or Imam Abu Hanifa (rahmatullah alay) but he is following his desires, and Shariat has prohibited us from following our desires. It results in going astray from the path of Allah Ta'ala.

Allah Ta'aalaa says in Surah HUD Ayat 26:

"And do not follow your desires (in future too) for it will lead, you astray from the path of Allah."

Therefore, It Is necessary to make taqleed of one Imam.

It is for this reason that the Quraan-e- Kareem has connected adherence with turning towards Allah (repentantly).

Allah Ta'ala says:

"
And follow the way of that person who turns towards me."
Abdussamad Chaudhary (Monday, August 16, 2010)