View Single Post
Old Monday, August 23, 2010
38th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2009 - Merit  31

Abdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enoughAbdullah Nayyar will become famous soon enough

The tragic incident in Sialkot shows that we have hit rock bottom in terms of moral values set by any culture or religion. Our Police has re-assured our nation that it cannot be our guardian for whatever reasons.

It is a condemnable act but the problem is much deeper than just few people beating those kids in the streets of Sialkot. If we take such other incidents happened in the near past and objectively examined, we see that there is an anguish in the people from all parts of the country which is primarily due to non-functioning or malfunctioning of state institutions. The most important being the law and justice system in the lower courts which remains highly corrupt and cases drag on for years.

I am not saying Pakistani Police is a saintly institution but they have their limitations. While Chief Justice might collect applause for his timely action in this case, it is the courts which set most convicted felons free repeatedly and I can quote ATC setting free suicide bombers (caught red handed) in my hometown only for Police to catch them back. Its about time we collectively study the whole problem underlying such incidents and adopt a holistic approach rather than knee-jerk reaction on media reports.

Police should be made free from political pressure and a system of checks and balances should be made for proper accountability.

It is about time we ask for Allah's forgiveness and give up all the evil deeds that have become part of our culture! No wonder Allah is angry with us.

Last edited by Abdullah Nayyar; Monday, August 23, 2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: adding stuff