View Single Post
Old Sunday, August 20, 2006
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: Medal of Appreciation

Khuram is on a distinguished road
Post PHILOSOPHY books by ENGLISH AUTHORS

Quote:
Originally Posted by proem
Thanks Khuram for your so heartiest compliments. Hope to see you in my other poems too. Though it is not the topic over here, but I don't hesitate to ask you here about the PHILOSOPHY books by ENGLISH AUTHORS. Waiting for your reply!

Thanks.
The suggested book for Muslim Philosophy is "History of Muslim Philosophy" -- by M.M. Shrif.. This is very heavy multi volume book...

For Alama Iqbal, you should consult original "Reconstruction of Religious Thought in Islam".

Similarly the main aspects of Western Philosophy syllabus are mostly covered in "History of Philosophy" -- compiled by Radha Krishin .. (former Indian President) ... this is single volume .. but heavy book..

You can consult these books... but for the purpose of exam... the Urdu books, which I suggested through PMs would prove better..

First of all these Urdu books are not substandard books... secondly all the syllabus is covered in the selected sections of all these books.. Thirdly may be you even not able to fully read the HEAVY English books... Radha Kirishin's book is difficult to read... Many otherwise just simple concepts have been presented in undue complicated manner in this book..

Complete MM Shrif's book is available online also... I think Muhammad Kazim's book (he was former GM WAPDA) "Muslim Fiker-o-Falsafa -- Ehd ba Ehd" is an excellent urdu summery of M.M. Shrif's book.

You can familiarize yourself with the English terminology of Philosophy just by consulting philosophy related articles of Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia and www.wikipedia.com

All the syllabus however is well covered in those urdu books...

Regards!