View Single Post
Old Monday, October 18, 2010
42nd CTP (PSP)
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2013 - Merit 62

umarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura aboutumarabbas has a spectacular aura about

Dear Brother

I appeared in 2010 and i had Indo Pak as one of my optionals. I found Paper A very interesting and thoroughly enjoyable. Here are my suggestions.

1- Don't eva try to go for shortcuts: Don't ask for notes, don't cram notes, don't go for selective study. Whichever book you decide to consult, go through it atleast once before you start making notes. Keep on refining notes, till you have enough stuff in your memory and you are comfortable with shorter notes.

2- Go for analytical study: Try to co-relate the stuff you read. Ask yourself questions, and then try to find out the answers to them. Why did Mahmod Attack the Subcontinent, What if he had not?. These questions, and their likes, would stimulate your interest in the subject.

3- Don't ever skip on something, marking it as unimportant, or choice material. I did that with the Mughal Period and that pinched me. For 2011, i would not do so inshallah!!

4- As far as the paper is concerned: Be Composed, no matter if you know the questions or not, whether you think you could write enough material about them or not, try to find the positive things about the paper. Trust me, once in the paper, the initial reaction would be, Oh ****! i dunno question 1, question 3, question 5 etc. But once you are calm and composed, things/memories start flowing back.

5- For all Papers, MCQs is the real thing. Your Aim should be to score as much out of the MCQs as possible. They make a lot of difference and this is the portion of the Paper where you thorough Study plays its all important role.