View Single Post
Old Thursday, October 21, 2010
Medal of Appreciation: Awarded to appreciate member's contribution on forum. (Academic and professional achievements do not make you eligible for this medal) - Issue reason: CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 25Member of the Year: Awarded to those community members who have made invaluable contributions to the Community in the particular year - Issue reason: Elite CSP Medal: Members who previously received (CSP Award  and Member of the Year Award ) OR (CSP award + Gold Medal + Medal of Appreciation) are eligible for this award. - Issue reason:

Thanked 1,898 Times in 694 Posts
Hamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to allHamza Salick is a name known to all

Structuring a Current Affairs answer..a sample:

I am taking as an example this question of 2010 C.A paper
Q: "Pakistan provides the natural link btw the SCO states to connect the Eurasian heartland with the Arabian sea and south asia."
substantiate Pak's claim for the membership of SCO in the view of the above mentioned statement.
Ans:
My thot process...
Ok first of all luk at the statement intently..try wat is he asking u..not abt SCO..not abt Eurasian states..not abt Pakistan..he is asking abt whether pakistan’s claim for membership to SCO is rite or not..this is the thing we need to comment about..n gonna prove it wid hefty arguments..u also need to emphasize n reemphasize the statement..the NATURAL LINK thing!
Structure of the answer:
1.Introduction:
An opening burst.a paragraph of about 8,9 lines briefly telling what SCO is n whi is it.n what countries are members.also tell that Pak has observer status here n has applied for full time membership.(use beautiful expressions)
2.Pakistan—the strategic location:
Here u tell abt Pakistan..how it lies at the crossroads of the world..at one side u it has got Eurasian countries(Tajkistan,kyrghizistan,turkemanistan,Kaz akhstan,uzbek,Afghanistan etc) n Russia further up..other side its got an upcoming superpower in china..southeast wards it has india n warm waters of Arabian sea..strait of hormuz lying nearby..frm where 80% of worlds crude oil passes..u just appraise pakistanz imp location,natural resources etc..not vry long..one page I wrote
3.Brief background n working of SCO.Emphasize its functions n benefits to the member states rather than its background.Also tell the strategic importance of Eurasian countries in particular i.e natural resources etc.

4.Pakistans claim—Analysis
Now this is the main part..here u tell a lil history of Pakistans application for full membership..n discuss why Pakistan deserves it..for this..U need to discuss two things
-Benefits to member states(esp Eurasian states) of Pakistans full membership
*Link to warm waters
*natural trade route(write abt gwadar n prospects for petroleum exports from there.pakistans relatively dvlpd transport infrastructure)
*Combined efforts to combat terrorism and drug trafficking,problems effecting every state of the area
*exporting electricity to Pakistan as turkemanistan has excess of it
-benefits to Pakistan:
*combating terrorism etc
*Fulfilling energy requirements
*Gud rlatnz wid Russia n china
*revenue earnings thru transit trade
Etc
CONCLUSION:
Here rephrase ur arguments properly,emphasizing that in case Pak is offer full membership,it wud be highly beneficial not only for Eurasian countries but also Pakistan.both need to take this step for a mutually brite future etc blah blah blah.Future prospects n predictions
Plus.......u can never get gud score in C.A without quoting statements n quotes from famous n imp personalities..include 3,4 of em in ur answer..write them in the center of the page n underline em to make em more visible..
This is just a rough outline..I knw I mite have lft many things..but I certainly dint leave anything while I was attempting the paper:p..here Im writing in a hurry just to give u ppl a brief idea abt hw to approach n generally structure a question..ppl mite differ in their approaches,n they mite also be rite..therez no set approach..but I think this is the one that works at most times..IO l;earnt much of it frm sm1 who scored 70+ in CA n added a few things from my side..

Last edited by marwatone; Saturday, December 10, 2011 at 12:52 AM. Reason: Merged
The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Hamza Salick For This Useful Post:
Adeel Afzal (Tuesday, November 25, 2014), Afshan Choudary (Tuesday, August 23, 2011), amnahussain (Thursday, October 21, 2010), Antalpur (Wednesday, March 04, 2015), Aries8 (Tuesday, January 29, 2013), Attia Farooq (Wednesday, October 10, 2012), Ayesha Khalid (Friday, October 22, 2010), candidguy (Wednesday, May 25, 2011), DPO LARKANA (Thursday, October 28, 2010), Farhat Mahfooz (Wednesday, January 08, 2014), Flavia (Thursday, October 21, 2010), hadeed (Friday, April 12, 2013), hassamniazi (Tuesday, September 27, 2011), kingfalcon (Tuesday, March 18, 2014), Luna Eclipse (Monday, August 08, 2011), mab butt (Saturday, June 08, 2013), mahamkhan93 (Sunday, July 31, 2011), Mahmood Brohi (Friday, February 15, 2013), makj (Monday, June 03, 2013), Man Jaanbazam (Sunday, June 02, 2013), Manali (Tuesday, January 16, 2018), mastspidy (Thursday, July 14, 2011), Miss blue (Thursday, May 07, 2015), mudasr (Thursday, November 29, 2012), Mz89 (Monday, April 02, 2012), Nauman Gondal (Thursday, December 13, 2018), nustian (Thursday, July 14, 2011), Peerhamza (Wednesday, August 06, 2014), pisceankhan (Monday, June 23, 2014), rarasham (Sunday, September 18, 2011), Rida Malik (Wednesday, November 27, 2013), RJ STYLE (Sunday, January 05, 2014), Sabah Hunzai (Friday, December 17, 2010), saim n babar (Friday, August 19, 2011), Sasha Fierce (Monday, June 03, 2013), seeriious (Sunday, October 24, 2010), Shahid Jilani (Sunday, March 31, 2013), Shahidhailian (Sunday, June 09, 2013), Shooting Star (Tuesday, June 07, 2011), siddiqui88 (Sunday, September 04, 2011), sparkofighter (Tuesday, October 16, 2012), SuperNova (Sunday, November 23, 2014), syeda naqvi (Wednesday, January 18, 2012), Tehman Khan (Sunday, June 02, 2013), UbaidKhalid (Friday, May 18, 2012), unsolved_Mystery (Sunday, June 05, 2011), yasirmayo (Tuesday, June 28, 2011)