Thread: Pashto
View Single Post
Old Monday, October 25, 2010
39th CTP (DMG)
CSP Medal: Awarded to those Members of the forum who are serving CSP Officers - Issue reason: CE 2010 - Merit 61

Khurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enoughKhurshid.A.Mahsud will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by palkahar View Post
Asalam o Alikum
aamer bai.
i hv read ur post, and find ur situation the same as i m facing now, i can speal pashto bt cant write it , a couple of day before i hv decided to opt pashto, bt really dont know how to start?

i hv noted ur suggested books, bt can u plz share ur notes with me? i shall be very thank ful to u.

I opted for pashto despite of the fact that i could not read and write or even speak the Peshawari dialect.I used to work on it for few hours only on Sundays and within few months i got very comfortable with it. So i would suggest you should buy Pohana(the book) and start practicing writing simple sentences like: da zama watan day, pa khair raghlay, taso kum zai na raghalay yo? You know, there are around 150 words that you need to learn to write correctly. First of all, after learning the alphabets, try to learn the prepositions, conjunctions, articles etc.Once you are okay with these little words you can go for expanding your vocabulary by learning more technical and complex words.
Pohana is enough reading material you need for the paper. And they say: " you get 60 marks just for opting for a regional language. SO stick to Pashtu like a glue.
Break a leg!
ihsanelahi (Saturday, July 16, 2011), NASR KHAN (Monday, March 14, 2011), uzma khan youzaf zai (Monday, July 11, 2011)